PDA

View Full Version : New Guinea Rosewood Hall table so far

BenBrown
9th May 2012, 10:58 PM
I have been building a hall table for my major year 12 project in school and this is my progression so far, it was inspired from a member of this site.

3 toed sloth
10th May 2012, 07:57 AM
Looks good so far, Ben, keep us posted on your progress. How are the stress levels? :U

Regards, Peter.

Fricasseekid
10th May 2012, 08:15 AM
Scribed
I think I know the inspiration you speak of. I'd like to see where this goes.

Christos
10th May 2012, 10:22 AM
That's a good start to the table. :2tsup:

Will be watching this one.

ClintO
10th May 2012, 11:22 AM
It looks great, please keep us updated.
You must have a good teacher

Ball Peen
10th May 2012, 07:05 PM
Very nice Ben.

ian
10th May 2012, 10:27 PM
It's looking really good Ben

If the portfolio shows a similar attention to apperance and detail, you should be looking at a great mark.

Best wishes and keep the pictures coming

BenBrown
14th June 2012, 12:48 AM
okay so I have been making a fair bit of progress feeling really happy with how it is coming out :) i need to finish off two drawers which will be dovetailed make a faceplate for them to complement the curve and then if i have time left inlay the table top fingers crossed. Happy to answer anyones questions :)

3 toed sloth
14th June 2012, 06:46 AM
Nice design, Ben, you certainly haven't taken the easy way out. Curves make every step so much more complicated but they also reward you for your effort.

Keep up the good work.:2tsup:

Ironwood
14th June 2012, 08:57 AM
Looking good Ben. No wonder why you are happy with it, I would be happy too if it was me making it.
Please keep your progress reports coming.

AlexS
14th June 2012, 09:31 AM
That is really looking good - you should pick up marks for the design elements, as well as for showing off your range of skills.

Wongo
14th June 2012, 01:06 PM
Cool looking table. :2tsup:

Christos
15th June 2012, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the update.

mn pete
15th June 2012, 05:40 PM
I really like this design Ben. Well done! Keep the updates coming!

wun4us
16th June 2012, 09:32 AM
The designers and cabinet makers of the future!
Our schools are producing some fine young prospective woodies if they continue in the practise/
This project has my admiration for the graceful curves used in the construction and the apparent effort and skill level pujt into it.

Keep up the fine work, Ben:2tsup:

Enfield Guy
18th June 2012, 06:44 PM
Love it. Well done so far.

BenBrown
6th August 2012, 11:39 PM
Thankyou everyone for the support and lovely words of appreciation :) I thought I might drop another progress report in, Only 6 days left before it needs to be handed in so it is time for oiling soon :) I have made drawers with no runners only hard wood on hard wood which slides perfectly fine, I also have crafted my own draw bases by slicing timber to 3mm thickness. I have made the drawer faceplates but haven't got a photo yet, the next update will be completed and finished :)