PDA

View Full Version : bit more fun in the shed

Dorno
10th May 2012, 09:36 PM
I have managed to get out into the shed a bit lately and get a few pens made so her is one of them.
It is achrome cigar made using some African Wenge that I bought from Adrian at Trend a few years back at the Newcastle www show and usual its finish using many many coat of thin CA I hope you like it ?

Cheers Ian

Perfect Pens
10th May 2012, 09:41 PM
Very Nice Ian, Its that shiny I had to put my sunnies on mate !!
Nice work.

Cheers
Tony.

ALA
10th May 2012, 09:42 PM
I'm still new to pen turning but it looks great to me!

Dorno
11th May 2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks Tony and Ala for your comments and yes Tony it is bright as it has a ton of CA on it because I couldn't get it to fill the coids in the Wenge however I was happy with the finish in the end except for a minor fault:~
But I may fix that so I can sell it:D

Cheers Ian

bench1holio
11th May 2012, 11:25 AM
wow! very shiny,youd hardly know it was a bit of wenge under there:2tsup: nice work.

wheelinround
11th May 2012, 06:55 PM
undecided:rolleyes:

Pariss
11th May 2012, 10:22 PM
Choice finish there Ian. I can almost make out the background in the reflection, hope ya had your pants on !. :oo::rolleyes:

edblysard
11th May 2012, 11:48 PM
You got wenge voids to fill in?
Lots of effort there, I can never get all the "texture" out of it.
Nice looking pen there.

artme
12th May 2012, 12:08 PM
Looks good from here!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Dorno
12th May 2012, 03:32 PM
Yes Ed i meant voids lol or texture out of it :D it took heaps of CA.

Cheers Ian

bdar
12th May 2012, 08:52 PM
wow! very shiny,youd hardly know it was a bit of wenge under there:2tsup: nice work.

When I first saw it I thought an ebony or some other dark timber. It is very glossy finish on it. I wonder how it would look sanded to 4000 MM then buffed. experiment coming on i feel foe me. A good job with the fit, the treatment of the blank is different at the clip where it angles back, I have a gradual curve on mine. I like the look of it.