PDA

View Full Version : Huon, Myrtle, Blackwood, Sassy

phillywood
11th May 2012, 02:59 PM
Any one has any of these woods who like to swap with some American wood? Not for pen blanks though.

Scott
11th May 2012, 06:29 PM
What sizes etc are you after?

phillywood
12th May 2012, 01:07 AM
Scott, I am a bowl turner, and would like to exchange blanks for whatever purpose you'd like to receive yours. I have lots of pen blank, however, my concentration is on flat wares and bottle stoppers and bowl blanks for now. As things will progress I will venture out to do my pens. Is this something you can work with. Currently I am in exchange of some timbers from other Aussie partners from different part of your country and would like to experiment with woods from other parts of the world. In return I am willing to share what I can gather locally as well as what I get form my other swap mates form USA. So, we all can have the opportunity of working with different wood species.

soundman
12th September 2012, 12:31 AM
It just so happens that I have had some tasmanian timbers "come my way".

Murtle, sas, blackwood and the od bit of huon......mostly small section stuff and short boards.

I've just unpacked some other stuff I laid down about 5 years ago.....wattly, sheoak, & Im up to my armpits in mango..again all small section stuff, except for the mango

send me a Pm if interested.

cheers

spankingpigeon
17th September 2012, 05:43 PM
hi there i just picked up some fresh cut ghost gum and weeping myrtle if your interested

soundman
22nd September 2012, 08:28 PM
Um... for shipping overseas or comming back , wood needs to be dry.

Basiclay, free from insects or signs of, free mould or fungas, dry, sawn or machines on all faces.

cheers

phillywood
24th September 2012, 02:45 AM
Um... for shipping overseas or comming back , wood needs to be dry.

Basiclay, free from insects or signs of, free mould or fungas, dry, sawn or machines on all faces.

cheers
Would it make it easier if I paid the shipping from here and you pay yours from my side? After all it's the spirit of sharing the joy of turning with different wood with a fellow turner. If anyone is bothered with the cost then I understand. Just like when you give a gift to some one the price is what you feel is right to spend for that person.

soundman
24th September 2012, 08:59 AM
Lets not confuse the matter.

There are clear requirements ( at least on this end) for wood to be imported.

Costs of shipping is anothe issue.

cheers