PDA

View Full Version : Ring Holders

Pauls321
12th May 2012, 10:12 PM
Hi all, I've been searching the net and also this site for how to make a very swish looking ring holder insert for a jewellery box.

I bought some "gap filler" from Bunnings, a sort of foam 15mm diam tubing, but when you butt it together it doesn't "give" much for a ring to slide in and out of.

Kinda lost for an idea here, does anyone have any suggestions please.

Regards, Paul

pal
13th May 2012, 09:56 AM
Hi Paul, I use the same as you have used then cover it with velvet/ felt from spotlight. Just remember not to squash them together too tight when you fix it into place. It looks good and holds the rings just fine. Failing that try Rockler in the US they have ring holders already made up . Padded Ring Bars - Rockler Woodworking Tools (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9875)

regards

Harold

Pauls321
13th May 2012, 12:26 PM
Hi Harold and thanks. I've been thinking that maybe I had mine too tight, hence squashing them a bit. I guess they need a whisker of room between them. Do you then glue them to your base.

And which product do you use from Spotlight, the self adhesive felt, or the not self adhesive.

Regards, Paul

pal
13th May 2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Paul, I have used both the self adhesive felt and the not adhesive, I have found the self adhesive easier to use, cut it to width then roll the gap filler over it, then cut to length. I have them just touching and I use hot melt glue to stick them into place with the join in the felt facing the base.

Regards

Harold