PDA

View Full Version : Australian woodturning exhibition dead line.

tea lady
16th May 2012, 12:36 PM
When is it? Can't find my bits of paper and I can't down load PDFs at the moment.

I really think this should be able to be seen on their D&%$@% website without having to down load forms and stuff. :rolleyes:

Also, The videos of pics from previous years should have all that guff about sponsors and stuff at the end. It really gets up my nose when I have to wade through advertising and intros on ANY video not just these ones. And I already support the sponsors. Its preaching to the choir. :rolleyes: And that music? :S Puuuuuleeeeeease. :doh:

Sturdee
16th May 2012, 01:04 PM
The deadline for entries is 25/5/12 with exhibits to be delivered to the centre on 12/6/12 from 1.30pm – 8.30pm.

Exhibits that are unable to be delivered during the above time can be consigned/delivered to Storage King, Bulleen to arrive by close of business Friday 8th June 2012 .

Peter.

tea lady
16th May 2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks.:cool:

mick61
16th May 2012, 04:49 PM
G`day I will pass your comments on if you like.
Mick:D

tea lady
17th May 2012, 08:50 AM
G`day I will pass your comments on if you like.
Mick:D:C Well I dunno. But we do want wood turning to look like art don't we. Little things like the web site let us all down. :C

Also you can't find the site by googling "australian wood turning exhibition". This thread will prolly come up on that search now. But still not the web site.:doh:

bdfairlie
17th May 2012, 10:24 PM
Got to agree Tealady - that has to be one of the worst web sites around. It took me nearly 5 minutes to find out exactly where and when the show was on.

Surely we can do better than that!

Bruce

Acco
17th May 2012, 10:33 PM
Okay then, can someone paste a link here to save me and others having to Google it?

Big Shed
17th May 2012, 10:38 PM
Okay then, can someone paste a link here to save me and others having to Google it?

Wasn't that hard to find, bit slow to load but............

The Australian Woodturning Exhibition 2012 (http://www.theaustralianwoodturningexhibition.net/)

Acco
17th May 2012, 10:45 PM
Wasn't that hard to find, bit slow to load but............

The Australian Woodturning Exhibition 2012 (http://www.theaustralianwoodturningexhibition.net/)

Yeah it was wasn't it, size of images are very ordinally as well and the Youtube videos are a waste of time, closed them down after 20secs or so as they're very pixellated.

Big Shed
17th May 2012, 10:46 PM
I didn't time myself, but it took nowhere near 5 mins and once I got there all the info was readily accessible.

See my 3 steps below.

Big Shed
17th May 2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah it was wasn't it, size of images are very ordinally as well and the Youtube videos are a waste of time, closed them down after 20secs or so as they're very pixellated.

Didn't look at the vids, but would be nice if they could have managed a guernsey on the first page of Google hits. I also found a link to a different web address, that said the "site was coming".:)

Well they are wood turners not web developers:q

Big Shed
17th May 2012, 10:58 PM
That website I actually reached through a link in an online diary on the AWR website, that link is the one that isn't very useful.