PDA

View Full Version : Hartley Help needed

Abbu
24th February 2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Guys,
I recently bought a 15ft hartley hull as a project. It should be a half cabin but the cabin has been removed. Does anyone know where i can get plans for a new cabin for my boat?
Cheers

Gumby
25th February 2005, 11:14 AM
Try the Hartley TS 16 association

http://www.yachting.org.au/db/cl_display.asp?ID=1019&Action=Data

Abbu
25th February 2005, 06:19 PM
Try the Hartley TS 16 association

http://www.yachting.org.au/db/cl_display.asp?ID=1019&Action=Data
Thank you very much for the info, I have sent an email and now wait for a reply.
It would be good to be able to obtain a plan for this boat, or at least a cabin plan that I could adapt.

Cheers and thanks again

Gumby
25th February 2005, 10:54 PM
When you build it, put plenty of foam bouyancy in it. I once was duty officer for the Hartley TS 16 state titles and was also driving the rescue boat on one particularly rough day on Port Phillip. Once these things went over, they stayed that way. They virtually sunk to the gunwhales. We couldn't get them bailed out and they were full of water. We had to tow then to shore to empty them out. Ever since i haven't been a fan of them at all. Quite dangerous unless you are sailing in a controlled environment.

Abbu
25th February 2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks again Gumby,
I wasn't very clear on my description, but it's not a sailing boat, it's a half cabin fishing boat. Does this make a difference to the bouancy problem?

Gumby
26th February 2005, 08:45 AM
They use them as nice little fishing boats as well. Most had a small outboard attached (I think it might be mandatory in the class rules). If not using sails then the stability factor should make it pretty hard to tip over. It was just in a big blow when they really healed over that they took on a lot of water which caused more problems. Obviously without the sails, you shouldn't have this problem. i'd still investigate some air bags or similar stuffed in the side tanks or under the bow.

John Kinnane
26th February 2005, 12:52 PM
Hi Abbu, Hartley have designed heaps of different types of boats. Here is their website where I think all plans are available.

http://www.hartley-boats.com/

Abbu
26th February 2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks John, there is a boat on this site that looks fairly close in desing to mine.(Scamp 15). Certainly gives me a starting point! Thanks again,
Matt

Abbu
1st March 2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks again Gumby.
I am going to buy a set of plans from Hartley website as suggested by John. (Thanks again John). Really looking forward to finishing this little project!

Gumby
1st March 2005, 09:56 PM
No probs and happy sailing. But you won't go as fast as my Paper Tiger used to - now that was really sailing ! :D

cellist
17th September 2005, 02:22 PM
Hi Guys,
I recently bought a 15ft hartley hull as a project. It should be a half cabin but the cabin has been removed. Does anyone know where i can get plans for a new cabin for my boat?
Cheers
I have built and still own the plans for a Blue Fin! (15-16ft). Is this the boat you are looking to complete? Michael

Aberdeen
4th January 2006, 09:45 PM
Hi Abbu
Interested to know how your rebuild is going....... Looking at possibly the 15' Scamp? as my next project

Regards

Aberdeen
5th January 2006, 11:20 AM
Michael,
Thanks for the info, have emailed you direct with a couple or 10 questions
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Glenn

I have built and still own the plans for a Blue Fin! (15-16ft). Is this the boat you are looking to complete? Michael

Aberdeen
15th January 2006, 10:19 PM
Michael
Curious on the size of your outboard etc. Also the dimensions of the o/b well at the back - full width? set for a short or long shaft motor etc.

Any problems with the building?

Glenn in South Oz