PDA

View Full Version : Turning without power

wheelinround
20th May 2012, 07:08 PM
Had a brilliant day out at a Medieval Fayre (http://woolnwood.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/when-knights-were-bold.html) wonderful entertainment good to see the old art of turning using a pole lathe and home forged tools. He was making a gobblet.

hughie
20th May 2012, 10:11 PM
I was out that way over the weekend, had I known you would be there I would have stopped by.

NCArcher
21st May 2012, 12:14 AM
Looks like a good day Ray. :2tsup: We went to that one a couple of years ago and had a fun day.
We also went to Ironfest in Lithgow a few weeks ago and were amazed at the trouble and detail the re-enacters went to.

dr4g0nfly
21st May 2012, 06:40 AM
I've tried using a pole lathe a couple of times. The strange thing is, it's not the leg doing the pumping that aches, it's the static one you're stood on!

wheelinround
21st May 2012, 09:45 AM
I was out that way over the weekend, had I known you would be there I would have stopped by.

Sort of last minuet dissision Hughie its a top day and has been penciled in for next year.:2tsup:

NC We would love to go to Lithgow Iron Fest but they have got so dam greedy with the entry fee it out of our to do list.:~ I believe the Blacksmiths out there are tops to watch similr to the 3 fellows yesterday all on the go almost constantly.

Ad de Crom
21st May 2012, 05:31 PM
Ray, nice action shot, and a lot of interest, he himself is dressed in style.
These are fun events.
Ad

wheelinround
21st May 2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks Ad we had a good chat also showed me some of his home made tooling as well to prove he uses HSS he pulled out his Skew :U.

Christos
21st May 2012, 08:28 PM
Interesting, now that explains the helmet.

wheelinround
21st May 2012, 10:09 PM
Interesting, now that explains the helmet.

Maybe Christos.........I bought it for Pat its his new PPE Personal Protection Equipment I can arrange for full suit of armour if he requires it or maybe one for yourself I know you like to suit up to the hilt.:p

Ruddy
23rd May 2012, 12:41 PM
Interesting post Ray...have penciled it in for next year. Thanks