PDA

View Full Version : Delta Q3 vibration

b08maz
26th February 2005, 09:05 AM
I have just taking the con-rod and all bolt and reattached them to the saw. I made sure and moved the arm back and forth so that the drive shaft and con-rod were aligned perpendicular with the arm. Thread lock applied to all bolts. The saw still vibrates real bad, especially at max rpm. The Q3 has the fewest moving parts of any saw that I know so what could be the problem? I did repack the con-rod bearings because I heard a grinding noise in them. They are smooth without grinding noise but I did notice that one bearing has a slight wobble in it. I assumed that wouldn't hurt the saw because the bearings are at a right angle to the motor shaft. I have since placed the saw on a small outdoor carpet which helped slightly. When I had it on my concrete porch the saw would chatter a large maple board right off the top if left alone.

bitingmidge
10th March 2005, 05:25 PM
b08maz,
(if you'll pardon me for saying so, that's a very unusual name, were you're parents from a galaxy far, far away by any chance?? :D )

Sounds like the drive belt has gone hard. Pity you didn't buy a Jet I guess! :D

With reference to your question on the "Sticky" thread (sorry Neil, couldn't help m'self!) :D, I'm not quite sure where you are coming from, but guess you've bought a new machine and haven't had any luck dealing with the supplier?? :

What protection does a consumer have if they have been treated wrongly?
Australia generally has very good consumer protection laws, maybe you should move here to get your problem sorted?

Are we not allowed to explain the problems that we have had and with whom? Yes, but preferably with your mum (mom?) or on a US forum where the owners of the forum have access to your own stuffed-up court system and can recover their losses in their own inimitable style. I understand the expression is "Sue your (cross between a donkey and a horse) off." Although you could probably expect a judgement against you of between $30 and $4,000 million dollars which will be reduced on appeal to an amount sufficient to buy a small country.

I ask because the only real control Americans have is where we spend our money.
There are other controls, but it is unlikely that George will send the boys into a tool shop on home territory, unless you could somehow convince the CIA that the staff were really hiding Italian journalists in drag?

I would want somebody telling me what customer service problems they have had. Proof you mentioned in your message I have; I have photographs of my saw's problems as well as a witness.

I think if you spend some time reading other threads you'll find a host of places where names were named, and product deficiencies accurately described. In some cases, the companies also particpated to either explain or rectify the problem.

Given that this is an Australian forum, you probably won't get too much useful advice as far as dealing with your retailer is concerned..... but I think the Australian importer for Delta equipment is Carbatec, if you were here you could contact their customer service guys in Melbourne? :D

Cheers,

P :D :D

b08maz
10th March 2005, 05:41 PM
Great sense of humor, your obviously in the wrong business. Sarcastic humor is definately your gig. I hear you though and I was just yankin your chain to see what a great response I would get. Take it easy!

b08maz
10th March 2005, 05:43 PM
Hard to get points for my Passport unless I am a farmer boy!

bitingmidge
10th March 2005, 05:46 PM
Sorry about your Mum. :(

Back to the saw, seriously; have you checked the drive belt, or is it a direct drive?? Hmmm just re-read your post...SHAFT....

Maybe it's just what scroll saws do...mine does, but it doesn't have a fancy brand name, and it has a hadened drive belt!

Cheers,

P ;)

bitingmidge
10th March 2005, 05:55 PM
Hard to get points for my Passport unless I am a farmer boy!

You can be a Cowboy here without being a farmer.

P
:D

Iain
10th March 2005, 06:18 PM
But we don't drive pickups or have rednecks, we do have longnecks and stubbies though, and if your ass ( :D ) is big enough there is line dancing.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :p

ozwinner
10th March 2005, 07:06 PM
But we don't drive pickups or have rednecks,
Ahhhhum, I do.

Al :D

bitingmidge
10th March 2005, 07:22 PM
Yep, he does!!!

P
:D :D

b08maz
10th March 2005, 07:39 PM
I think the best thing about this forum is how funny you scollers are.

No the Q3 is direct drive.

Sad but true is that I am a born red-neck from Texas too! Although most people don't know how southern boys got that name. I believe it came from the cowboys who had the rear of thier neck sunburned. Guess they didn't have hats large enough for a 5' shadow!

L8r

Iain
10th March 2005, 09:31 PM
I heard it came from driving F100's with the big back window, ahhh the joys of the Landcruiser, bliss..............

sailingamerican
29th May 2005, 06:55 PM
The wife is an Aussie. She if funny and so is her Mum in Coffs Harbour.
If you read a lot of the other listings here under Scrolling you will find that a lot of you are having vibration problems with the 16 inch Delta. Sounds like a flaw in manifacturing. I know several of the Reps for Delta I will give them a call and ask them if they are having problems. I will post a reply when I get one.