PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Bearing Nova DVR XP

bill09
27th May 2012, 05:56 PM
Set up NEW Nova DVR XP .. puchased online from Carbatec and picked up this SAt.have seen a few of these on display but not actually operating.Headstock bearing noisy ...smooths out slightly at higher speeds but still very present.. At Bowl speeds it would give you a headache in half an hour..Is this normal and a function of the electronics or have i got a faulty item.. Need to have a firm idea before i do battle with Carbatec..would appreciate advice ..:C

Scott
27th May 2012, 06:41 PM
Sounds dodgy to me, time to battle the big C. One thought though, do you get this noise with an out of balanced blank?

bill09
27th May 2012, 06:52 PM
Only installed yesterday..no woodturning yet ..noise offputting..

Scott
27th May 2012, 06:54 PM
Yes, well, doesn't sound good. Contact them straight away, they should replace it for you.

TTIT
27th May 2012, 10:30 PM
When I was lathe shopping years ago I watched some video of those rigs and they all had that noise in the background - I went and bought a Stubby :U

nz_carver
27th May 2012, 10:42 PM
How did I know you were going to say what I was thinking TTIT?
I'd say take it back to the C word or better yet get them to come pick it up:q

Subby!!!
Buy one join the stubby army :2tsup:

Scott
27th May 2012, 10:45 PM
When I was lathe shopping years ago I watched some video of those rigs and they all had that noise in the background - I went and bought a Stubby :U

The day I get a stubby is when the other half suddenly has a wave of benevolence wash over her. Either that or when the Lotto gods zap me.