PDA

View Full Version : Clamp-On Straight Edge

Khargoosh
27th May 2012, 09:00 PM
I've often seen Norm use an aluminum straight edge with adjustable stops and an end clamp to secure it to the work piece. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? I haven't seen them around so far.

Thanks,
Evan

Astrodog
27th May 2012, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a pro-grip??

ProGrip Fences : CARBA-TEC (http://www.carbatec.com.au/progrip-fences_c8370)

Ticky
28th May 2012, 12:04 AM
My sister bought one from Timbecon I recon, but that was a few years ago.

damian
28th May 2012, 10:13 AM
I love my progrip clamps. Very versatile and work well.

As clamps they are only light duty. As guide rails they work well. The back to back kit allows you to clamp a job to the bench to work on it.

Pro-Grip Edge Clamp Index (http://ptreeusa.com/edge_clamps_list.htm)

The range is best viewed here. Carbatec only sell a subset of the stuff. There are competing systems but for balance of cost, versatility and quality I think the progrip are good.

Khargoosh
28th May 2012, 01:40 PM
Yep, those are exactly what I'm looking for. Brilliant thanks all.

kenny12
22nd August 2012, 09:33 PM
Theres a 1200mm version on sale now at the big green shed for $20

its just a craftright one but it does work,

nrb
23rd August 2012, 12:39 PM
:wts:

GCP310
24th August 2012, 09:55 AM
bought one from bunnings, it isnt much chop, keep your $20.00

bsrlee
26th August 2012, 04:53 PM
Also, be aware that there are several - different - extrusions used with the different brands of these. If you want to use it as a router or circular saw guide with the guide riding in the track on the rail, you will probably have to buy the same brand of rail & guide - some of the ones sold here look the part but the slots in the rail are either the wrong size or place to fit other brand's accessories & there are no accessories for them available.

Robson Valley
27th August 2012, 06:40 AM
I've got a short one (40cm?) that uses a straight piece of timber in one side and you clamp the banana in the other side. As a slide-guide on my table saw, for the lengths I use, it works well. Lee Valley I think, long time ago.