PDA

View Full Version : Machining Centre to be Scrapped

electrosteam
28th May 2012, 04:02 PM
Guys,
There is a Machining Centre sitting under wraps outside on a pallet at the local TAFE.
It is destined to be disposed of by a local renovating company (soon).
I spoke to the Manager of College Operations today who advised the machine is available to anyone and that offers should be directed to the appropriate teaching staff.

It is a Zenford-Ziegler built 1985 and fitted with a BT40 spindle.
I have not lifted the covers, but it is a big machine (3T ?), taller, wider, deeper than a turret mill.
Apparently the computer went wild and damaged some areas.
Some equipment has been removed by teaching staff to be used as classroom teaching aids.

The machine is thought by some teaching staff to be repairable.

Anyone interested can PM me and I will pass on details to the staff (not sure who will take responsibility !).
If more than one interest, I am sure the TAFE would accept a tendered price from each.

The TAFE will want a signed receipt acknowledging that the machine is acquired "as is" for parts and is non-operational.

John.

.RC.
28th May 2012, 05:19 PM
Maybe Phil helped build it...

Machtool
28th May 2012, 05:40 PM
Apparently the computer went wild and damaged some areas.
That's code for "We used it to train apprentices" That is my vintage, it would have my fingerprints on it some place. Its what we called an NC200. It would have an ANCA 2000 control on it.

Great Machine if you were into retrofits. Built with some very expensive INA way systems, that would still be good, if the lube still worked.

Phil.

P.S Kingswood. That's the NSW one, out Penrith way?

electrosteam
28th May 2012, 05:46 PM
Phil
At Mt Druitt.

John.

Machtool
28th May 2012, 07:00 PM
It would have an ANCA 2000 control on it.
That’s not entirely correct. I just had to work out that 1985 was 27 years ago. Some chance it has had a control upgrade. CNC Design retrofitted a lot of them with Seimens controls, as did E.M.T.S with Bosch controls.

Phil.

Hunch
28th May 2012, 08:13 PM
Hmmm, seems the price has dropped somewhat over the last month or so!

Crossfeed
29th May 2012, 01:19 PM
Those INA way systems are very nice, I have some from large 70's vintage EDM, think of them as a precision caterpillar skate running on hardened strips.

If the machine was in Melbourne I would have looked at it.

.RC.
29th May 2012, 06:36 PM
How much room left on that truck Phil? :D