PDA

View Full Version : Daughters first chopper ride

Iain
28th February 2005, 08:39 AM
NOt quite the way she wanted it, came a fairly massive gutser yesterday when her bloody big 600kg TB fell on her, huge smack in the head, busted helmet but head remained intact.
Broken leg, severe bruising and a free trip to Frankston hospital.
I had to see her off and take the donkeys home alone, Mrs went to Frankston and picked her up at midnight after all was declared well.
When she came out of her daze her first question? 'how is Chocolatte' the mule that fell.
Kids....
Thank God for ambulance insurance, hate to think what that ride would have cost me.
I now have 4 free weekends as she cannot compete for a month, every dirty little cloud has a silver lining :D :D :D

Zed
28th February 2005, 08:56 AM
Hi Iain, Sorry to hear about your daughter - good that she's well, but what is a 600kg TB ? does she drive horse buggies or something ?

Rusty
28th February 2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, an ambo subscription is the best money you'll ever spend as a parent.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Rus.

goat
28th February 2005, 09:11 AM
tb=thoroughbred,:) just a guess

beejay1
28th February 2005, 09:15 AM
pleased to hear she'll be OK. 4 weeks seems a short time for a broken leg so make the most of the rest yourself and dont let the wife do all the worrying.
regards
beejay1

http://community.webshots.com/user/eunos9

Termite
28th February 2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear about your daughter Iain, hope all mends well soon. Better tell the donkey not to be a donkey too often, best spoken with a can of Pal in your hand.

JackoH
28th February 2005, 09:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your daughter, but she'll bounce back if she anything like most of the fanatical horsey types I know!
I keep telling you those animals are bloody dangerous!

Iain
28th February 2005, 11:44 AM
tb=thoroughbred,:) just a guess
Yep
[QUOTE=beejay1] pleased to hear she'll be OK. 4 weeks seems a short time for a broken leg [QUOTE]
Breed them tough here, it's a fracture to the knee more to the point, found that out later thismorning.
[QUOTE=Zed]does she drive horse buggies or something ?[QUOTE]
No she was riding, just got over a jump and the beast slipped and fell about two steps after the jump.
Thanks all but she is fine, the biggest problem is keeping her rested as she wants to get outside and go, contrary to Doctors orders....

Termite
28th February 2005, 11:57 AM
No she was riding, just got over a jump and the beast slipped and fell about two steps after the jump.

Iain, I do admire your restraint, here we have a 600kg splaw footed grass muncher that tripped over its own feet and unceremoneously chucked your daughter on her butt, and then promptly fell on her so it would have a soft place to land and all you call it is a "beast". I think it's time I took up drinking Glenlivet. :D

Iain
28th February 2005, 12:09 PM
It was an accident...really, signed Chocolatte

Daddles
28th February 2005, 01:25 PM
It was an accident...really, signed Chocolatte

No it wasn't. It was a deliberate equine act to get a mention on this esteemed forum :cool:

Hope your daughter enjoys her recovery.

Cheers
Richard

AlexS
28th February 2005, 01:32 PM
Sorry about the accident, glad your daughter's OK Iain.

Perhaps you should change the TB's name to 'Target'

Toggy
28th February 2005, 01:48 PM
Glad to hear she came out of it reasonably well. You have to admire a kids' resilience. Smashed up yesterday; I want outside today. Oh to have some of that lost youth.

p.s. 20 years ago it was a $10 000 flagfall to get the Pediatrics plane off the gound at Essendon. ouch.

Ken

Iain
28th February 2005, 01:59 PM
The funniest part about the whole episode (in hindsight) was the silly giggling induced by the painkillers that were given to her by the Ambo's as she waved goodbye to 200+ competitors and their parents from her stretcher on the way to the chopper.
She has little memory of it but is a wee bit embarrassed :D

Termite
28th February 2005, 02:32 PM
The funniest part about the whole episode (in hindsight) was the silly giggling induced by the painkillers that were given to her by the Ambo's as she waved goodbye to 200+ competitors and their parents from her stretcher on the way to the chopper.
She has little memory of it but is a wee bit embarrassed :D
Does she have any left over? :D

ozwinner
28th February 2005, 04:28 PM
Mmmm Chocolatte flavoured stamps..

Al :D

fxst
28th February 2005, 05:11 PM
Does she have any left over? :D

memory? or embarresment? you need to be a bit more specific wood muncher :D

beejay1
28th February 2005, 06:41 PM
you mention the pain killers iain, earlier this year I put my back out simply by drawing the curtains in the lounge and within 10 minutes I was laid out on the floor and every muscle in my body was siezed up.
I could not move anything and the pain was excrutiating. I raelly thought I wasnt going to make it.
My wife called out the paramedics who also coudnt get me on my feet so they gave me nitous oxide for about 5 mins after which I literally jumped to my feet pain free and walked out to the ambulance. It was one of the nicest feelings as I just felt all the pain drain out of my body, what an experience.
I wish they made that stuff in tablet form its truly incredible.Better than sex...I seem to recall
beejay1

ozwinner
28th February 2005, 06:47 PM
And I bet you went realy realy fast too........:D

Al :D

Prince Charles
28th February 2005, 06:55 PM
Better than sex...I seem to recall
beejay1

Obviously you havent tryed it with a horse old chap.

Charles :o

Tikki
1st March 2005, 11:10 PM
Haven't sighted any new flavours in the dog food aisle this week, guess he's been forgiven :)

Hope your daughter is OK. Sign her up to the forum, should keep her entertained whilst she recovers :D

Tikki

HavinaGo
4th March 2005, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter but glad to hear the helmet was on and did its job. (My better half has had a similar experience .. without the leg .. even with helmet she still can't remember the event or a couple of days after) Speedy recovery to all (you, mrs, daughter and horse).

cheers
David