PDA

View Full Version : dust extractor

ryanarcher
28th February 2005, 04:37 PM
Does anyone out there have the ct 22 or 33? how does it stack up to a typical shop vac? recomended? thanks
-ryan

Dean
28th February 2005, 06:17 PM
They stack up pretty well, but you would hope so given the price differences :)

These reviews might help:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/festoolCT22E.htm
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/karcher361TE.htm

bloggs1968
28th February 2005, 09:47 PM
Hi Ryan,

I've go the 22 and am very happy with it. Great as a shop vac and excellent for power tool hook up.

regards,

AD

Guy
28th February 2005, 09:52 PM
Ive got the CT33 and find it great fo using with the router when cutting pine, but forget it when using MDF. The dust still gets everywhere.
Also it ios great indoors gets the carpets realy clean

ryanarcher
1st March 2005, 02:43 AM
Thanks Guys ;) i think I'll go for it. Probably one of the package deals with the rotex sander. now just to convince swmbo. probably end up vacuming the car for next 10 years. oh well. :)
-Ryan

nt900
6th March 2005, 03:05 PM
I have the CT33. Think it is great for woodworking, and general workshop/renovation cleaning. We vacuumed the ceiling of 100 years of dust and hard plaster through a 10m hose. Performed brilliantly.

For me the 33 is the est size. The 22 would required many more bag replacements/empty, and the larger model again would not fit under my Precisio CS70.

I also have the long life bag for 'good' wood dust. And use the throw away bags for the 'bad' wood dust and general rubbish. I have not used it for wet work yet. But this requires the wet 'bucket' and filters.

Also, it is bloody quiet compared to other vac machines.

ryanarcher
6th March 2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks Anthony, I think I'll go with the 33 on your recomendation. have a good one!
-Ryan

Rob from Kew
29th March 2005, 07:23 PM
I'm looking at buying either the CT22 or CT33 because I thought it extracts MDF dust more efficiently than other extraction units. Is this not the case?

Rob

Dean
29th March 2005, 07:26 PM
I believe Festool are currently seeking MDF extraction certification on their dust suckers.

:D

powderpost
29th March 2005, 11:48 PM
I have been playing around with a small sanyo 1400 watt vacuum machine on a sander. The collector is too small so I used an old 23lt lacquer drum with a large lid fitted with a seal and a clamping band to clamp the lid on. In the lid I soldered two pipes, one to fit the tube from the vacuum cleaner and a second tube from an old buggered vacuum fitted to the second pipe. This second tube goes to the sander. The advantages are the larger dust recepticle and the noisy vacuum is further away, but there is a small reduction in suction. It works well on the saw bench but only marginally ok for cleaning up around the lathe. Any one done this?
Jim

nt900
4th April 2005, 10:15 PM
Dean,

Do you know which models, CTnn or CTMnn ?

Dean
4th April 2005, 11:03 PM
Anthony, Sorry I don't have any specifics :(

Carpenter
11th April 2005, 10:46 PM
I have owned a CT22 for about 3 yrs now & love it. In regards to dust extraction of MDF, I use my ATF 55 Plunge saw & OF 2000 router with the vaccy & its pretty good. With the router I noticed that the amount of dust sucked into the hose depends on whether the cutter is contacting the material & throwing it towards the intake. Sometimes the cutter is cutting on the opposite side of the intake, so a little bit of dust gets away, however, the dust that remains is the coarse particles that tend not to become airborn. Dont worry, it will do the job just fine. Besides, there's nothing out there as good as the Festo anyway.

Dean
11th April 2005, 10:57 PM
Dont worry, it will do the job just fine. Besides, there's nothing out there as good as the Festo anyway.

I reckon the Karcher NT361 Eco Extractor is right up there with the CT22. About the same price range, and even a little quieter. I'd place them side by side in terms of performance. The Karcher has a few handier attachment accessories too. Both top machines.