PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed, it's addictive.

torchwood
4th June 2012, 01:56 PM

Hi all, I've been trying out all the different chisels to see what they all do while waiting for my chuck to arrive, it finally came and I'm now finishing up my first little bowl.
The woods in the vases above are from left to right : camphor laurel, old table leg dunno what, old walnut table leg, old table leg dunno what, pine, pine, yellow box I think and apricot. They are sanded to 1200 gr and then buffed with a white buffing compound, then a couple of coats of buffing oil, then hand polished. The yellow box has just been buffed with no oil to see how it will stand up. I hope I'm doing it right?
Cheers Harry

bassmansimon
4th June 2012, 04:42 PM
Looks great. What did you use to bore out the thin holes?

_fly_
4th June 2012, 04:58 PM
Your wife is going to love you.
All those dust collectors on the shelf.
Too bad, you keep them just like the rest of us.
All of mine sit on a spare dining table, I think its 3 layers deep now.

torchwood
4th June 2012, 06:53 PM
Hi, thanks,
Bassmansimon, I used a drill press to start the hole, then a cordless drill to get the depth, and as my fingers were the vise, I did it vewy, vewy carefully.
Fly, Can't get into strife, :argue: ain't got no wife:U

vtbao
4th June 2012, 09:54 PM
Nice work. Next step is collecting wood, you need big garage because your old table leg will run out soon! :D

Skewturn
4th June 2012, 09:59 PM
Hi Torchwood
Like your pieces and the different timbers does not matter what they used to be they look good now.:2tsup:

Your wife is going to love you.
All those dust collectors on the shelf.
Too bad, you keep them just like the rest of us.
All of mine sit on a spare dining table, I think its 3 layers deep now.

Hi Fly
I have a wife and my pieces except for a select few collect dust in boxes in the shed. I know that a lot of them collect dust at mums but lucky for her she has a cleaner.
Cheers:U