PDA

View Full Version : Source ofr ironing board in a drawer

TK1
1st March 2005, 09:33 AM
Hi,

As part of our (ongoing) renovations, I am building cabinets in the laundry, and want to include a "hide-away" ironing board.

Space won't let us have one of the fold-down types, but I have seen in a kitchen once (in Sydney, and lost contact with the owners) an ironing board that slid out of a standard-sized kitchen drawer. I can't recall if the drawer front folded down or the board raised up above it.

I have asked a couple of kitchen cabinet companies but they couldn't help me - so, has anyone seen these or know where (preferably in Melbourne) I can get one?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

jackiew
1st March 2005, 10:03 AM
www.hafele.com.au

go to their out of sight catalogue and look for ironing boards

TK1
1st March 2005, 10:10 AM
Perfect...just what I was after. I did a web search but their site didn't come up.

Thanks for the quick rsponse too!

Regards,
Darren

conwood
1st March 2005, 01:41 PM
Hey Darren,
I am about to build one too. I went to a kitchen type shop where they had these things on display and worked out I could make one with nice timber and regular hardware items like hinges.

I'm sure if you saw one you would be fine, unless you can find some plans or images online.

BTW the bought ones are expensive.

cheers conwood

conwood
1st March 2005, 01:47 PM
or you could make one to slide/pivot out from under the bench top.

conwood

Sturdee
1st March 2005, 05:04 PM
I have asked a couple of kitchen cabinet companies but they couldn't help me - so, has anyone seen these or know where (preferably in Melbourne) I can get one?

Darren,

Wilson & Bradley of 92 ( - 94 ? ) Bell street,Preston has them as well as a complete range of all kitchen fittings.

They may be closer then Hafele.

Peter.

scooter
1st March 2005, 07:18 PM
I think a crowd called Robin Hood make a couple of models of ironing board that fold out of cupboards, may be worth checking out - try bunnings.

I assume you're giving it as a gift for your wedding anniversary?? ;)

Cheers...........Sean the hard pressed

TassieKiwi
2nd March 2005, 07:59 AM
HEre - add this to the clamp order - $159US:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=3&p=45109&cat=2,42194

:D

TK1
2nd March 2005, 09:00 AM
Hi all,

thanks for the replies/suggestions. We've looked at the Robin Hood style fold-down ones, but this won't work for our space as we need other storage on the walls. The Hafele one is what I was after, and will look at Wilson& Bradley too. And then may decide I can build one instead (Hafele one is about $180 just for the insert, you still need cabinet and drawer front!).

Regards,
Darren

jackiew
2nd March 2005, 01:55 PM
Hafele one is about $180 just for the insert

ouch!! I'm so glad I have a job where I can wear old t-shirts to work and don't have to iron stuff.

Sprog
2nd March 2005, 03:17 PM
Hi all,

And then may decide I can build one instead (Hafele one is about $180 just for the insert, you still need cabinet and drawer front!).

Regards,
Darren

Check out this PDF might give you an idea on sizes etc

http://www.kitchensource.com/ironing-boards/pdfs/5.4.pdf