PDA

View Full Version : My cutting boards - version #3

BigDBigD
7th June 2012, 07:10 AM
This one I call Gingham (like gingham cloth). It is made from black walnut, cherry and maple.

I have also included a picture that shows how it is made.

crowie
7th June 2012, 09:39 AM
Again "Big D",
Another beautiful masterpiece.
Who could ever use such a work of art.
Cheers, crowie

Ticky
9th June 2012, 06:17 PM
Hey BigD,

yet another beautiful board. Your boards are not only well made, but extremely artistic.

I would like to know however, do you cook as well?

The reason I ask, is that I do a lot of cooking & I find a board with square edges to be much better in the practical application.

JMO

Steve

Dengue
9th June 2012, 07:27 PM
Another work of art, too good for use in my kitchen, I would cringe at the sight of a knife near that.

Well done, and thanks for sharing :2tsup:

tdrumnut
9th June 2012, 08:44 PM
l-o-v-e-r-l-y job there

BigDBigD
10th June 2012, 08:52 AM
Hey BigD,

yet another beautiful board. Your boards are not only well made, but extremely artistic.

I would like to know however, do you cook as well?

The reason I ask, is that I do a lot of cooking & I find a board with square edges to be much better in the practical application.

JMO

Steve

Yes, I do cook as well. These are my decorative boards (used for holding a hot dish on the table or just for show).

My working boards do not have square edges, but do have a radius on the edges, but much smaller. I find that by having the small radius on the board that normal wear is not as noticable.

crowie
11th June 2012, 11:21 AM
Here's a website for your inspiration "Big D".....Cheers, crowie

20 Free Cutting Board Plans + the 4 that Blew My Mind | (http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/10/20-free-cutting-board-plans-the-4-that-blew-my-mind)