PDA

View Full Version : blank haul

hughie
9th June 2012, 01:49 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this , but here goes, its sort a turning related.:U

Over the last week and half have been roaming and gathering timber for turning blanks. Out west for burls, mainly Mallee, some Coolabar, Euc resin burl etc.

Then off to Clarence Town for an over night stay with Woodnut aka Paul. Enjoyed excellent hospitality and had the grand tour of this fairly expansive workshop set up and come away with a good quantity of green Silky Oak.

The following day drove to Emerald in Queensland for a few days with TTIT aka Vern and the local show with his woody club doing a two day contest/exhibition etc. I 'm happy to note that my thread chaser performed well and had a fairly flat learning curve. One of the turners who used it for the first time got it going in around 15mins.
Excellent hospitality again and a very interesting time roaming around the Emerald district picking up the odd piece of timber.

A darn fine week and with great company, throughly enjoyable. :2tsup:

The last pic is a bit of outback humour, note the free beer sign. :U All in all I clocked about 4000k up.

wheelinround
9th June 2012, 02:00 PM
Hey Hughie thats some haul..............is that your phone ringing you nip inside and answer it I'll watch the wood pile.:innocent: .................:dev:

dai sensei
9th June 2012, 08:07 PM
Hmmm nice :tongueroll:

Mind you, travelling that far, you should have filled up the trailer :U:U

Skewturn
9th June 2012, 09:39 PM
What an awesome haul:2tsup::2tsup:well done

dr4g0nfly
10th June 2012, 03:59 AM
Hughie,

That ought to keep you going for at least the weekend. Post a few when there done and tell us which bit of wood it was.

bench1holio
10th June 2012, 09:06 AM
very nice haul hughie, i really like the look of that rosewood!!

TTIT
10th June 2012, 10:29 PM
Good to see the Mirage made it back without the bum falling out with the weight of the wood in it!
I have to go back out to that patch of Rosewood at the Gemfields now :doh: My young bloke dropped one of his BSA motors around today so I could make him a stand for to sit on in the loungeroom and I thought of the perfect wood to use - so much for leaving those gnarly old bits of deadwood in the tops of those older trees :doh::U

dai sensei
10th June 2012, 10:42 PM
I have to go back out to that patch of Rosewood at the Gemfields ...

Let me know if you do, I'd love some more myself

Wood Nut
11th June 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi Hughie,

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay and you are welcome anytime. Mind you, your other hauls look a lot better than the green silky I gave you. Look forward to seeing the results.

Should be in Sydney this Friday/Saturday, weather permitting, so will drop those DVD's over if you're available - will ring first,

Cheers,
Paul

To Wheelinround: if we can co-ordinate it we may be able to help each other load up when I'm in Sydney.

wheelinround
11th June 2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Hughie,

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay and you are welcome anytime. Mind you, your other hauls look a lot better than the green silky I gave you. Look forward to seeing the results.

Should be in Sydney this Friday/Saturday, weather permitting, so will drop those DVD's over if you're available - will ring first,

Cheers,
Paul

To Wheelinround: if we can co-ordinate it we may be able to help each other load up when I'm in Sydney.

Sounds good to me he's not that far away trouble is he'll know where to come looking :doh:

hughie
11th June 2012, 02:55 PM
[Sounds good to me he's not that far away trouble is he'll know where to come looking

mu haha :D

Paul will have the offcuts for your perusal on hand. :2tsup: