PDA

View Full Version : Razertip tips

nz_carver
18th June 2012, 08:08 PM
hey all looking at getting a razertip unit and at same time get some other tips
anyone help with what ones to buy?

Jim Carroll
18th June 2012, 08:11 PM
Wait till the woodshow and have a go with the Demo that we will have with Doug Bell

_fly_
18th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Just a silly question.
Has anyone put a Pyro unit into a CNC and used it to draw their picture with?
I'd like a big $100 note just burnt into 3ply.
Think it would look cool.
Peter

wheelinround
18th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Dave no idea if you have ever seen Graeme Priddle's work with his home made piro kit, I saw it a while back at Blaxland Blue Mountains open day.

Graeme Priddle | Woodturner and sculptor (http://graemepriddle.com/)

kcam
27th June 2012, 07:44 PM
I have just replaced my burnt out home made kit with a Razertip bought from Jim Carroll at the Brisbane WWW show and in my opinion it is the best on the market for detail work. I still use my Ironcore that I originally purchased after watching Graeme Priddle demo at his first Turnfest (I think 2004) and it is a great machine for heavy burning particularly using one of Graeme's pens that I got from him at this years Turnfest although I find it a bit awkward to use and I have made a smaller more comfortable version.

I would recommend the Razertip as the best "all round" burner using Razertip pens.As Jim said try and get to a demo, the pen and nib versions depends a lot on what you want to achieve with your "burning".
Cheers Kerry

nz_carver
7th August 2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks all I picked up a Razertip at the Sydney wood show
And love it!!!

Drillit
8th August 2012, 10:24 AM
Hello NZ carver,
Have to agree...I got one from Jim at the Sydney WWW show, including some additional pens. Absolutely terrific and compliments my ironcore beautifully. Drillit.

nz_carver
8th August 2012, 08:42 PM
It takes a lot to keep me off a lathe for more then 3 days
But I have not Sean the lathe as I have been playing with my razartip from the time I got it home.
I got 2 other pens aswell when I got it plus the 3 I got when I got the pack deal that jim had and have just ordered 4 mor today :q

SandyC
10th August 2012, 01:36 PM
I too have just got the Razertip...awesome, love what I can do with it :)
enjoy :)
Sandy