PDA

View Full Version : Powercolor HD7750 video card

Groggy
22nd June 2012, 08:46 PM
I have been trying to configure three monitors on this thing for days with no success. At best I can get one monitor to work. Is there anyone on the board who has a 7750 card that has successfully got a few monitors working?

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/show_img.asp?id=393&file=image_b_s_2.jpg

codeMunk3y
24th June 2012, 06:47 PM
What outputs are on the back of the card, I think I can see 2x HDMI and a DVI out.

Are all three supported at the same time?

Groggy
24th June 2012, 07:33 PM
1xDVI, 1xHDMI and 1xDisplayPort.

If I use a DVI to DVI and VGA splitter only one monitor works.

If I plug a monitor into the DP using an active DP to DVI adaptor then no monitors work.

The PC power supply is 550W.

The HDMI is not used in conjunction with other ports.

codeMunk3y
24th June 2012, 08:03 PM
I have seen video cards that have multiple outputs, but only one is supported at a time, I'm not familiar with this card though.

Groggy
24th June 2012, 08:08 PM
It is supposed to be capable of running 3 monitors. I was using 2 from a nVidia GT240 but would prefer three. Looking around the web it appears that even the manufacturer gives very little guidance on how to do it. Certainly no manual and in one thread I read a bunch of geeky kids got very excited when one of them managed to make it work! There must be a simple way...

dabbler
24th June 2012, 08:22 PM
It's been a few years (at least 6) since I played around with cards that supported multiple monitors simultaneously. The ones I used all had 2 identical ports (vga) and one type could also support different resolutions but not simultaneously.

We were looking at possible security and dvr aplications amongst others but I never really found them useful. Preferred either a virtual or thin client approach.

dabbler
24th June 2012, 08:32 PM
Something is ringing a bell but I'm not quite sure.....so I'll just start typing (or tapping).

Is it meant to be one large desktop across multiple monitors ? I know that's the obvious way but something makes me think there is another way. Did it come with additional software that works in conjunction with the driver to allow different desktops that you switch between?

Groggy
24th June 2012, 08:40 PM
It creates a single virtual desktop across three monitors. It also allows up to 9 desktops that you can cycle through.