PDA

View Full Version : Visitation

wheelinround
23rd June 2012, 05:17 PM
Just had a visit from Hughie and Wood Nut thanks for dropping by great to meet you Paul. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Of course he brought some nice new tools a Vicmarc handle and gouges. A few nice finials to show off tooth pick size..........he obviously learned a lot of Cindy:U

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f68/people-you-meet-154600/

Wood Nut
24th June 2012, 09:22 PM
:)Thanks Ray,

It was a real pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife. Great hospitality and a beautiful afternoon - until the weather got a little too cool. Thoroughly enjoyed the visit but I'm a little embarrassed by your level of production when compared to mine, especially when I consider the size of my workshop compared to yours. And then there's Hughie who produces stunning work in a garden Shed! I'm not sure I want my wife to see either one of them!!!!!

As I said yesterday, you are welcome to visit/stay up this way whenever you feel like a visit.

Cheers,
Paul

wheelinround
24th June 2012, 10:01 PM
Paul a pleasure drop in any time.

If you'd come today it would have been fresh fruit cake, Banana cake and jar of marmalade to take home.:U

I would like to see those finials you have collected soon adorn a few pots.:;

Old Croc
25th June 2012, 08:00 AM
Hey Hughie,
you should have let us know you were coming up here as you had to go past me to visit Wheelingaround, and there are lots of blocks of timber with your name on them in my shed,
regards,
Crocy.

wheelinround
25th June 2012, 10:59 AM
Hey Hughie,
you should have let us know you were coming up here as you had to go past me to visit Wheelingaround, and there are lots of blocks of timber with your name on them in my shed,
regards,
Crocy.

Crocy :no: I live 5 mins away from Hughie Hinchinbrook NSW :U

hughie
25th June 2012, 06:37 PM
regards,

Now thats a good idea another run up north, yay! :2tsup:

Old Croc
26th June 2012, 07:47 AM
Now thats a good idea another run up north, yay! :2tsup:

Sorry Ray, :doh:I wrongfully assumed you lived in paradise, :D aka the Hinchinbrook Chanel region of Nth Qld, where the mud crabs are in plague proportions at present. Never mind the offer is still there, only dont come up now as it is cold and raining, something we dont usually get in winter. And after seeing me then on to Cliffie and a bit further on to see Powderpost,
regards,
Crocy.

wheelinround
26th June 2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry Ray, :doh:I wrongfully assumed you lived in paradise, :D aka the Hinchinbrook Chanel region of Nth Qld, where the mud crabs are in plague proportions at present. Never mind the offer is still there, only dont come up now as it is cold and raining, something we dont usually get in winter. And after seeing me then on to Cliffie and a bit further on to see Powderpost,
regards,
Crocy.

I wish even if it is raining (same here ATM) now crabs sound nice bit of chilli sauce and I'd be in heaven. Don't feel bad Crocy Cliff kept saying he'd call in one day I just kept saying I'll pick you up at the airport (Sydney) LOL.

I am almost tempted to make the run with Hughie.

Jim I have met when he made the journey down here strange fellow cuts up wood into small bits glues them together just for fun.