PDA

View Full Version : TAS:Swap WA Desert Timberss needed

reeves
6th July 2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Ya'all, am looking for some wood sample sized (6x3x1 inch)or larger bits of snakewood

Acacia xiphophylla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_xiphophylla)

or others such as black mulga....Gimlet, Coolih, boab etc

can swap nice bit of Tassie timbers, Huon,Myrtle, white Burl etc..in similar weight...9 kilo max

PM if interested..

cheeeers
john

TTIT
6th July 2012, 09:14 AM
Good to see you're still collecting :2tsup: Thought the cold might have slowed you down some :;
Can't help you with the timber :no: - already got my eggs worth of it!

reeves
6th July 2012, 10:25 AM
HI Vern...thnx for the comments mate,,,have just started again having finally dragged all my old timber stash out of mate apple shed and up the hill...am reveiwing the collection slowly..still not in 'real' shed yet but it getting closer..

i have checkedd TTIT and you should be commented Vern on yr 500th sample and fine colection and stand..i feel left behind a bit but with new babies, new island, disabilitiesd and weather...and much to do..

havent done much wood stuff for a few years now but should be active in the next few monthss...

Tassies great for tree but sucks for timber..onlya few species used...lots of same species forests, mine is E Oliqua AND a deALBATA..a few dogwood species and a pittostorum..a few native currents...there are some others such as Cheeswood and Dorrell that r interesting..but no red Eucs..no desert tim,bers and few sheokss...

Do you still have any of that green timber ?
no worries on yr eggs worth..if i find good samples of anything u may not have would u be interested...whats fun down here is lots of older european stuff like Elms and Oaks and Cherry etc..the only Qld timbers r in the Botantical gardenss tho some mountain Tundra is interesting, mostly fagus..

Theree much more species of fungi down here than trees..like many thousands..heress where we and my 15 acres worth of carbon suckers...

cheeers
john

TTIT
6th July 2012, 11:00 AM
Looks like a top spot but it would be too damn cold for this little black duck :o (too damn cold here even at the moment!)
It's good that you're getting back into the woodie things. Any of those fungii hard enough to turn :think: :;
Just about out of the Dogwood (green stuff) at present but it's on my list to grab another tree this winter as it's really popular for trading. Same goes for Buloke - talk about flavour of the month! - every man and his dog wants it since some dude announced it was the hardest timber he had Janka tested. :no: