PDA

View Full Version : Buffing supplies in Melbourne

Tiger
9th July 2012, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know where you can buy buffing supplies in Melbourne? I am specifically after Tripoli, white diamond, carnauba wax and blue rouge (for acrylic pen turning) compounds. I realise I can get them on-line but would prefer to get them as soon as possible and have some spare time today and tomorrow to get them.

_fly_
9th July 2012, 11:11 AM
you can get carnauba wax wax in osborne ave, Same one carbatec are on. cross over westall road from carbatec and go down to end on other side, They are about 50 from the end.
Australian Wax Co, Australian made candles and waxes, Quality candles, Specialty wax blends, Candle manufacture, Tapered Dinner Candles, Classic Pillar Candles, Aromatherapy Candles (http://www.australianwaxco.com.au/)
And they have a good wax polish as well (premade in a tin).

Tiger
9th July 2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Peter, 1 down, 3 to go.

Tiger
9th July 2012, 02:02 PM
No luck with Australian wax co, they don't do sticks of wax and generally sell wholesale, they wanted to sell me 500 kg of it.

_fly_
9th July 2012, 02:54 PM
Say what?
I went there 2 months ago and got a block of parifin for dipping ends. A small sandwich bag of carnabu and a tin of their furniture wax. The wax was in pellets from a broken bag thay have there. You could always make a stick from it yourself.

Tiger
9th July 2012, 04:53 PM
Say what?
You could always make a stick from it yourself.

Do you mix anything else in with the carnauba wax when you do this?

_fly_
9th July 2012, 05:31 PM
I am going to use it to make polishing wax/paste. I have beeswax and pure turps to go with it.

Tiger
10th July 2012, 12:07 AM
Bunnies sell or at least use to sell Josco compounds, are they suitable for fine finishing, I think they have a tripoli bar?