PDA

View Full Version : biscuit jointer attachment

jamesy
14th November 2000, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know if there is a commercially available biscuit jointer attachment for an angle grinder. I know they're available in the U.S.A., but are they available here. Can anyone help.

bobmundy
14th November 2000, 10:14 PM
Have a look in the commercial sites on the home page - KATO TRADING.
I have an orbotal attachment - works ok.

------------------
Bob-
You won't get a second chance to make a good first impression...

Roger Peine
14th November 2000, 10:56 PM
There are a few on the ,market here in oz.
I checked 'em out a few months ago and came up with the following. Save and buy a real one!!! IE: Festo or..Porta-cable.

ubeaut
15th November 2000, 12:30 AM
Kato Trading who have just changed theit name to Kanga Trading have a new one on the market. I believe we will be getting photos of it soon to put on their site.

I also believe it is pretty bloody good.

Garry Szakacs
16th November 2000, 04:48 PM
I seen a version of this in the
timbecon catalogue. Have a look at their
website timbecon.com.au, it might be in
their on-line catalogue. I have delt with them before and have given me great service and extremely quick response times....

John Saxton
16th November 2000, 11:11 PM
There used to be an attachment around a few years back called either Wolf or Wolfcraft with a green packaging.
I dont know if they are still available but they came out of the States or Canada and were priced around the $200 mark.
I tried one and didn't like it so went on and bought the real thing.
I can reiterate what Roger said in try and buy the real thing as attachments can be flimsy as was the one I tried so I took it back and got a credit on the biscuit jointer I wanted.
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Johnno

[This message has been edited by John Saxton (edited 16 November 2000).]

Iain
18th November 2000, 07:24 AM
NOt a timber tool place but Clints (all over Aus I think) have grinder attachments, I have seen a ROS and a couple of other attachments, I did not pay a lot of attention as they were only about $25 and I worry about something coming apart in my hand at speed. Possbly worth a look but there are some other interesting 'bits' there such as clamps for a fraction of the price of other places.

John Saxton
18th November 2000, 08:21 PM
Jamesy,Timbecon have two models available.In their catalogue on page 103 there is one a Wolfcraft Biscuit Jointer attachment for $192.80 and another a Torquata biscuiot jointer attachment for$75.90.
As stated in my previou post I wasn't too keen on the Wolfcraft model and I wouldn't know what the other one is like but whatever your choice good luck!
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Johnno

jamesy
19th November 2000, 07:37 PM
Thanks John and everyone else for your help. It appears that the old story might hold true " You Get What You Pay For". My very first lathe was a Wolfcraft drill attachment, great while it lasted, 4 weeks if I remember correctly, had to look for a real one after that!
Time to annoy the family with a stack of brochures while I investigate.