PDA

View Full Version : bevel ripping guide

surfmat
17th July 2012, 12:40 PM
hi all,
just came to a limitation of my current set up (after 10 years of use) I need to rip some bevels and my trusty 2000 can't tilt to get the angles.
just wondering if anyone has experience with the current model of bevel ripping guides and if it is worth having? or is there a great DIY jig that someone has come up with?
Its the classic story that I need to make about 10 cuts, but nothing in the shed will do the job.......
If anyone has one that is no longer required I'd also be interested.
cheers
Matt

Chief Tiff
17th July 2012, 01:47 PM
I have the bevel ripping guide and it has worked ok for the very few uses I've had for it.

Have you thought about making an angled fence? If you're only going to use it for a few cuts at one specific angle then I'd be looking at making a temporary MDF fence at the required angle and clamping it to the table.

surfmat
17th July 2012, 06:07 PM
cheers Chief,
I was toying with the idea of making a DIY version of the triton one, but unsure how to fix it on... accuracy and repetition are the other concerns, thats why I was interested in the real thing. keen to look at any plans to make one though:U....

Chief Tiff
21st July 2012, 01:12 PM
What sort of angles do you need to cut? Are you looking at really shallow angles such as found on raised panels, 45 degree angles for box making or steep angles for making 6 or 8 sided boxes?

A Duke
21st July 2012, 02:00 PM
Hi,
Here is the owners manual for mine. It is not the latest as others have folding arms for easier storage.

Regards

surfmat
21st July 2012, 09:05 PM
thanks that gives me some ideas about making one... or maybe I'll put an ad on the wanted to buy forum:U..
cheers
Matt

Geekgirl
23rd July 2012, 07:22 PM
thanks that gives me some ideas about making one... or maybe I'll put an ad on the wanted to buy forum:U..
cheers
Matt

Hi Matt,

I believe Carba-Tec are getting out of Triton as they are no longer exclusive Australian dealer.

The price on their site is about 25% below current retail.

Regards,

Kat.

Chrism3
24th July 2012, 11:37 AM
I've just looked at Carbatec sites for Sydney and Perth and I don't see any reductions in price.

KBs PensNmore
25th July 2012, 03:09 AM
Surfmat, if you are close to Murray Bridge I have one you can borrow to do the cuts or to copy!!!:2tsup:
Kryn

surfmat
26th July 2012, 09:24 PM
thats a very kind offer Kryn, I can't say I get out that way too often...... if I'm up that way I'll send you a PM.:2tsup:
cheers
Matt