PDA

View Full Version : four in one template to make mortise and tenon

hillpanther
21st July 2012, 12:19 AM
i made a four in one template which can make 12.7mm and 9.52mm mortise and tenon.you don't need to change template.just change your router bit.please have look at this video
four in one template to make mortise and tenon - YouTube

Tools4Me
21st July 2012, 08:52 AM
Wow :oo: That's awesome! How did you build it? Can I have one? :D

NCArcher
21st July 2012, 09:15 AM
That is an impressive machine HP. :2tsup:
Very nice work.

hillpanther
21st July 2012, 09:23 AM
Wow :oo: That's awesome! How did you build it? Can I have one? :D thanx!! you can have it :)

That is an impressive machine HP. :2tsup:
Very nice work.
glad you like it!!! still i m using very less capability of thi machine.next i will try something more :)

_fly_
21st July 2012, 09:28 AM
Nicely done,
I think I've seen this clip a few times.
Are you putting the plans up for forum members or selling them, what?
Peter

hillpanther
21st July 2012, 09:36 AM
Nicely done,
I think I've seen this clip a few times.
Are you putting the plans up for forum members or selling them, what?
Peter

plans are already available on Pantorouter (http://woodgears.ca/pantorouter/index.html) if somebody wants to make it out from wood.i m selling the main machanism.the steel and aluminium design has more capability.next i m going to make 2 in one finger joint template.one time you can cut 4 piece of half inch board.you can make 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch finger joint with one template.just need to change router bit even don't need to change guide bushing :)

Template Tom
25th July 2012, 05:39 PM
i made a four in one template which can make 12.7mm and 9.52mm mortise and tenon.you don't need to change template.just change your router bit.please have look at this video
four in one template to make mortise and tenon - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTmd43tYEVI&feature=g-upl)

I have always been impressed with this Jig construction. Producing and positioning the template seems to be a little complicated for the average woodworker who does not have access to engineering tools to produce the many parts required.

I have produced an alternative designed jig that will produce a number of tenons simply by changing the cutter. This Jig has been posted also on you tube Routing with Tom O Donnell along with a number of other jigs and templates. The same jig used to produce tenons is also capable of routing a number of other joints even finger joints and dovetails