PDA

View Full Version : Embellished Jarrah Platters

Willy Nelson
22nd July 2012, 11:36 AM
Good Morning All

Here are some embellished Jarrah Platters. The first and second are Robert Sorby textured and then ebonised, and finished with Danish Oil

The 3rd and 4th are painted with Jo De Sonia (sp) using a seasponge. The first coat is darkest blue and 100% coverage. After drying, 70% coverage with a lighter blue, and then another 30% with the lightest blue. The paint is then sealed with Pearlescing and then the platter is sanded and finished with Danish Oil

Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland

corbs
22nd July 2012, 01:08 PM
Willy, I'm a massive fan of the blue rim one:2tsup:. I find a lot of Jarrah to be just red wood but that's lifted the piece above that.

stuffy
22nd July 2012, 02:54 PM
:whs:

Nice job.

:2tsup:

Sturdee
22nd July 2012, 05:18 PM
I love numbers 3 & 4, the colouring makes it. What is Pearlescing and where did you get it?

Peter.

Willy Nelson
22nd July 2012, 11:36 PM
I love numbers 3 & 4, the colouring makes it. What is Pearlescing and where did you get it?

Peter.

Hello Peter

I got it from Bunnings or Spotlight

Willy

dr4g0nfly
23rd July 2012, 05:27 AM
I agree that the blue against the red of the Jarrah is fantastic - but I've got a soft spot for No. 2 - holes and all.

We've discovered the Jo Sonja range over here recently (even I've had a go) but the person pushing it forward it is a guy called George Foweraker - here's a link to his blogspot and his instructions on using the iridescent paints.

George Foweraker (http://wwwartistry-in-wood.blogspot.co.uk)

mkypenturner
23rd July 2012, 06:55 AM
yep also really love the blue edging :2tsup:
but ahve a important question about the pic :!
why has it taken from 11/112007 till now to post the pics ???? :?

tea lady
23rd July 2012, 09:40 AM
I kinda like numbers 1 and 2. :U 2 especially. Always a fan of holey, nearly falling apart pieces. :cool:

:pi: The blue has potential perhaps. :rolleyes: Bit too perfect to me. Needs a bit of messing up.:U

All nice pieces but.:2tsup: