PDA

View Full Version : Older Triton 235mm Circular Saw Gotchya

Geekgirl
23rd July 2012, 07:30 PM
Hi all,

I have just been caught out with my TSA001 (the old 235mm saw) and a new blade. I needed a couple of new blades for it and my local tool supplier has a stack of Triton branded saw blades for a very cheap price (around $30 IIRC) They are great blades, last for ages and can be easily re sharpened (I have never sharpened my blade, so it is due, once I have my new bench I will give sharpening a go :)

The Gotchya is they are all for the NEW saw the TSA235CSL, the new saw has a 30mm arbor and the old one is 16mm :( My old blades (I have the original 40 tooth and the 60 tooth I most use for cross cut) which are 25mm arbor))

So when you buy a new blade, make sure you have the right arbor (the original saw is 16mm, the blades were 25mm, the new saw and blades are 30mm)

HTH,

Kat.

Sturdee
23rd July 2012, 08:52 PM
Any good tool supplier will have the necessary insert to reduce the 30mm down to your saw arbor size. I've got them on my TS.

Peter.

Geekgirl
23rd July 2012, 08:55 PM
Any good tool supplier will have the necessary insert to reduce the 30mm down to your saw arbor size. I've got them on my TS.

Peter.

Exactly ;) Just a pain when the tool supplier is not open and you find out ;) it was just more a note for people who have the older saw that Triton new blades are a different Arbor :(

Kat.