PDA

View Full Version : Gumby's Ubeaut Typo Honour Board

Gumby
11th March 2005, 02:18 PM
After copping much stick in other threads, I post the proof here that the honour board does exisit.

It is hand picked MDF from Bunnings, finished in abit of Dulux Full Gloss enamel (Laminex Antique White) , a couple of splaters of Cabots Weathershiled Acrylic, Ubeaut hard Shellac (wiped up after a spill 'cos it's too precious to let it soak in), Timbermate Woodfiller (pine, walnut and teak), beer (from last Saaturday when the dog jumped on me), Estapol Clear Gloss, coffee (the bloody dog again), sweat, Ubeaut Traditional Wax, Oil (which was supposed to go in the combo jointer but I knocked it over - not the dog's fault) , Barnes Honey from my lunch, a fly which I hit with the hammer (top right), and some blood from when the chisel slipped.

I hope that silences you doubters now.............

:) :)

Zed
11th March 2005, 02:47 PM
whats that boat anchor in "GMC blue" there for ? A beer rest ? :D

silentC
11th March 2005, 03:13 PM
Hey Gumby, your tenon saw is hanging the wrong way, mate. And have you seen your try square?

bitingmidge
11th March 2005, 03:19 PM
Ignore Zed,
I reckon you have the last belt sander in existence without a Derek sharpening jig on it (Except for mine which has the holes drilled and a couple of blocks of wood sitting nearby).

It could well be a collector's item in it's virginal state, hold on to it!!!

Cheers,

P

Zed
11th March 2005, 03:23 PM
It could well be a collector's item in it's virginal state, hold on to it!!!

Cheers,

P

there aint no such thing as a "virginal GMC" they are all F***ed!

Iain
11th March 2005, 04:00 PM
It's all a lie, ee caint spel onna proplee, and leave GMC out of it, great stuff
http://www.bahamascope.net/community/images/smilies/SierraC3.gif

JackoH
11th March 2005, 04:49 PM
I thought you were a Toyo man Iain.Or have you got a bigger Horse float?

Iain
11th March 2005, 06:06 PM
1# Yes
#2 Yes brand new 11'6" extended
and new ARB suspension and polyair air suspension (minor gloat :D )

Sturdee
11th March 2005, 06:31 PM
After copping much stick in other threads, I post the proof here that the honour board does exisit.

Gumby, congratulations on the beautiful craftsmanship that went into creating this honour board. :D :D :D :D

Isn't it amazing what you can do with the Triton. :p :p :p

Peter.

Gumby
11th March 2005, 06:33 PM
In recognition og Bitingmidge

(note, I have been to Bunnies and upgraded my linisher) :eek:

craigb
11th March 2005, 06:33 PM
Isn't it amazing what you can do with the Triton. :p :p :p

Peter.

You get your TSC-10HB yet Peter? :D

Sturdee
11th March 2005, 06:43 PM
You get your TSC-10HB yet Peter? :D

Not yet Craig, but they told me it would take about 2 months.

They have placed their order with the overseas supplier direct, with shipment direct to Melbourne and not through Brisbane. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Peter.

Iain
12th March 2005, 07:40 AM
Is that an Imperial 30 day month or a Carbatec 120 day month :rolleyes:
Optimist :D

ozwinner
12th March 2005, 08:03 PM
In recognition og Bitingmidge

(note, I have been to Bunnies and upgraded my linisher) :eek:
og ??????? :confused:

Al :D

Robert WA
12th March 2005, 08:26 PM
Do I see a Yankee screwdriver? I am old enough to remember when they were the peak of woodwork technology.

A masterpiece, Gumby. It is off to the Woodwork Hall of Fame for you.

Rob.

Gumby
13th March 2005, 12:10 AM
og ??????? :confused:

Al :D

Sorry Al, you missed. That's a spelling mistake, not a typo
:D

Kris.Parker1
18th March 2005, 04:36 PM
Whatevver happended to a nise cleer lakker finsihe on top?

Geoff Dean
12th May 2005, 12:56 PM
Gumby, I have just found this post and I must congratulate you on a wonderful piece of workmanship.

May I also add that as one of only two inductees, I am extremely humble to find myself on such a prodiguos honour board, I feel so unworthy of the honor, but it is one that I will cherish for my remaining years,

Humbly yours
Geoff

bitingmidge
12th May 2005, 01:12 PM
prodiguos

I reckon that's worth another entry!!

P

:D :D

Geoff Dean
12th May 2005, 01:42 PM
Biting Midge.

Good pickup, maybe Gumby will place you on his honor board!!! :D :D :D :D

Eastie
12th May 2005, 01:54 PM
Who's UBEWT ? are they a local butcher? will there be a sausage sizzle?

Stuart
12th May 2005, 01:55 PM
Hey Gummy, is that a box of Triton router bits on the shelf there? I'm guessing from the juxtaposition then that the boxes under it are also for router bits. If so, could you bring it along Sunday, as I'm looking at making a new router bit box, and wouldn't mind poaching some ideas!

Cheers :)

Iain
12th May 2005, 02:25 PM
Knowing a little about Mr Gumby, I love the uncharacteristic blue deWalt chicken plucker, use a rubber belt do we :D :D :D :p

Gumby
12th May 2005, 04:17 PM
I'm guessing from the juxtaposition then that the boxes under it are also for router bits. Cheers :)

Ummm, Stuart. I didn't know I had a juxtaposition. Is it a Triton Juxtaposition or a GMC juxtaposition? And can you tell me where i can get the instruction manual from......I've got no bl**dy idea how to turn the thing on !!!! :eek:

Yes, I'll bring the high quality box on Sunday.....it's a lot better than the bits inside it :D

And, geoff, BM is already on the board. You can't be on twice unless you aks :D :D

RETIRED
12th May 2005, 06:47 PM
Ummm, Stuart. I didn't know I had a juxtaposition. Is it a Triton Juxtaposition or a GMC juxtaposition? And can you tell me where i can get the instruction manual from......I've got no bl**dy ised how to turn the thing on !!!! :eek:

Yes, I'll bring the high quality box on Sunday.....it's a lot better than the bits inside it :D

And, geoff, BM is already on the board. You can't be on twice unless you aks :D :D
Do I win? Do I? huhuh :)

Bob Willson
12th May 2005, 06:52 PM
there aint no such thing as a "virginal GMC" they are all F***ed!

Tried to give you a greenie for this one. Still smiling. :D :D

Gumby
12th May 2005, 07:24 PM
Knowing a little about Mr Gumby, I love the uncharacteristic blue deWalt chicken plucker, use a rubber belt do we :D :D :D :p

The chickens are colour blind so they never notice...... :D

Loki
13th May 2005, 09:40 PM
Hi Gumby,

Just noticed the thread, and am completely overwhelmed by your awesome endeavours. You are, truly, a man of your word, your honour exceeded only by your craftsmanship. I feel absolutely blessed to be a recipient of your beautiful award. God bless you!! http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Shane.

Gumby
13th May 2005, 11:46 PM
You are, truly, a man of your word, .

And the word is ................. OOOOOPS !

adzofspadz
20th May 2005, 06:38 AM
It is hand picked MDF from Bunnings, finished in abit of Dulux Full Gloss enamel (Laminex Antique White) , a couple of splaters of Cabots Weathershiled Acrylic,

Gumby, I may Be New here but i spotted your typo none the less, perhaps you would rather have used Cabots Weathershield Acrylic not weathershiled.:rolleyes:

Kind Regards,
Adrian

Gumby
20th May 2005, 10:24 AM
Spotted - from overseas too. Can we get it translated into Welsh ? :eek:

silentC
20th May 2005, 10:30 AM
Dydy balf bigedig MDF chan Bunnings , ddibenedig i mewn abit chan Dulux Llonaid Graen howmal Laminex 'n Hen Gwynnwy ), chwpl chan splaters chan Cabots Weathershiled Acrylic

Stuart
6th June 2005, 08:28 AM
And teh prise goes to Gumby- for his excelent entry in the GMCriton area where he links to his own club's website "Check out www.tritonwoodworks.org.au" and gets the website wrong :D (www.tritonwoodworkers.org.au). Now that has to be a winner :D

Bob Willson
6th June 2005, 02:53 PM
Spotted - from overseas too. Can we get it translated into Welsh ?

Dydy balf bigedig MDF chan Bunnings , ddibenedig i mewn abit chan Dulux Llonaid Graen howmal Laminex 'n Hen Gwynnwy ), chwpl chan splaters chan Cabots Weathershiled Acrylic

On second thoughts, let's not bother. :D

dan_tom
8th June 2005, 05:52 PM
Thye rkceon if teh leettrs rae all terhe it deosnt maettr baout tpyos. :D

Cheers
Dan

Gumby
8th June 2005, 05:58 PM
Thye rkceon if teh leettrs rae all terhe it deosnt maettr baout tpyos. :D

Dan

It's all Dutch to me (hey Pete ?) :D :D

Sturdee
8th June 2005, 07:28 PM
It's all Dutch to me (hey Pete ?) :D :D

No Gumby this is all Dutch to you :

" Zij denken dat het niet geeft met de misgespelde woorden als alle letters er maar zijn"

The other thing is just gibberish. :D

Peter.

Gumby
8th June 2005, 07:33 PM
Peter.

gibberish...........isn't that the language of Giberia, spoken by Giberians ?

There's a few on these boards who come from there I reckon :D :D :D

silentC
9th June 2005, 09:07 AM
No Gumby this is all Dutch to you :

" Zij denken dat het niet geeft met de misgespelde woorden als alle letters er maar zijn"

Peter.
According to Babel Fish, you said:

"They think that it does not give with wrong-spelled words if all characters there are but"

Makes sense to me :eek: ;)

Sturdee
9th June 2005, 09:24 AM
The trouble with Babel Fish is that it translates words literally but forget that other languages have a different word order and sentence construction then English.

And if a word has a number of meanings depending on the words used in conjunction with it Babel Fish invariably picks the wrong meaning.

That's how we get Chinglish or in this case Dinglish. :D

Peter.

silentC
9th June 2005, 09:34 AM
Het is niettemin de pret, u denkt niet?

I once had a conversation on IRC with a French guy who didn't speak English. I used Babel Fish to translate my words to French and his to English. It worked OK. At least I think it did because he kept talking to me :o

It's a handy tool to give you the gist but some of the results are pretty funny. Especially if you translate back to English. I use it a fair bit because I work on a multi-lingual web site. I use it to check that I'm putting the right bit of foreign text in the right place. We have paid translators who do the actual translating.

Sturdee
9th June 2005, 06:00 PM
Het is niettemin de pret, u denkt niet?

I would say " Het is wel leuk, denkt U niet ? "

In this context you would use "leuk" instead of "pret" although the meaning is very similar and to make the sentence a question the verb " denkt" must go first.

Of course you can correspond quite well using Bablefish as you can often work out the meaning.

Peter.

AlexS
9th June 2005, 07:33 PM
I used Babel Fish to translate my words to French and his to English. It worked OK. At least I think it did because he kept talking to me :o

BUT! Does it translate american into English? :D

Iain
9th June 2005, 08:33 PM
http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/dutch.htm

Jack E
15th June 2005, 08:00 AM
"NAH!, Now way he'd shave 19mm jarrah down to less than 1mm !!!"

Found on the "Thicknesser Advice" thread, is this a typo Gumby?

Jack.

Gumby
17th June 2005, 10:07 PM
The calibre of spotters on this forum is getting to exceed expectations. I'm editing everything and yet they persist in pointing out errors which would not have happened if i hit the right key and/or had passed spelling grade 1 :rolleyes:

So here's the updated board. It is both an honour and a privilage to conduct my woodwork knowing that you are looking over me....NOT. :D

Sturdee
17th June 2005, 10:16 PM
privilage

:confused:

However it is good to see the spelling mistakes in the honour board. I thought that Stuart was now posting as Stueysnail not Stueysnait.

Then again maybe your spelling is more appropriate. :p

Peter.

Gumby
17th June 2005, 10:20 PM
It wouldn't be a typo board without typos Pete ! Although, maybe these are 'writos' :D

Stuart
19th June 2005, 09:40 PM
Hey Gumby - good to see your pseudonym caused the auto ads an identity problem!

Gumby
19th June 2005, 11:14 PM
Hey Gumby - good to see your pseudonym caused the auto ads an identity problem!

:eek: :eek: :eek: I followed that link........I'm going to order one of those T-Shirts, I love 'em :D :D :D