PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Preview

brendan stemp
27th July 2012, 12:14 PM
One of the pieces on display at my exhibition that runs for 3 weeks as of July 25. Opening is Saturday 28, 4-6pm; after the Olympic's Opening!!

Venue: Cambridge Studio Gallery, 53 Cambridge St. Collingwood VIC

THe exhibition is in conjunction with my brother, a painter. There are 33 pieces (I have 17 woodturned pieces) so lots to look at. Hope to see some of you at the opening.

artme
27th July 2012, 02:08 PM
Brendan that is an absolute:boxing: knockout!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Everyone will be asking thr same question: "Howdidjadoit?"

Mulgabill
27th July 2012, 02:15 PM
Brendan! Best of luck to you both. Hopefully I will make it a bit later.

I am unable to attend the opening as I am desperately trying to finish painting of my own. Interior house painting that is.:C I hate it with a passion. But when it is done it will be up to SWMBO's next partner when I'm gone. I certainly will not be doing it again.:no:

Skewturn
27th July 2012, 04:50 PM
:2tsup:Awesome piece Brendan. Enjoy your exhibition

TTIT
27th July 2012, 09:02 PM
Awesome:2tsup::2tsup: Dunno where you find the time :C

dai sensei
27th July 2012, 09:09 PM
Awesome:2tsup::2tsup: Dunno where you find the time :C

:whs::2tsup:

dr4g0nfly
28th July 2012, 06:34 AM
I must take some sort of courage to turn something a fantastic as you must of to start this, then cut off and throw away 5/6ths of it, then carve half of what you have left away.

Fan(bl00dy)tastic piece, I would love to see this in the flesh.

NeilS
31st July 2012, 07:04 PM
...... I would love to see this in the flesh.

Me too, or should that be 'in the wood'...:B

Sturdee
4th August 2012, 05:17 PM
Brendan,

Today Michelle and I went to see your brother and your exhibition "Songs of the Bush" at the Cambridge Studio Gallery.

As usual I was blown away with your work, especially the works entitled The Flow 1, and 2, and Kilkea 2. As arranged, in sequence from small to large, each different but similar, I felt was the highlight of the show. I also liked the two old fence post bowls. Maybe you'd like to post how you made these two.

I also liked your brother's paintings. During my younger years I made many trips on the Murray and Darling Rivers and his paintings of the Darling captured my memories perfectly. His paintings of Blackburn lake also made me see this old haunt in a different light. The woods he painted I usually walk through to see the lake rather then look at and reflect on. Please pass on my compliments to him.

Thanks again and there is still time for forum members to see this exhibition.

Peter.

brendan stemp
5th August 2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the feedback Peter. Glad you enjoyed the show. With two of us exhibiting it means there is lots to look at.

Yep, it's still on for another week; finishes on Saturday 11th. And don't go to 53 Cambridge St. It is actually 52!

Second pic below was taken at Opening Night in poor light. A bit blurry but thought I would show what Peter was referring to. And a pic of one of the Darling River paintings.

powderpost
5th August 2012, 08:59 PM
Lovely work Brendon, you are a brave man.. :). That is spectacular work.
Jim