PDA

View Full Version : Floor protection

gavinabrown
1st August 2012, 02:05 PM
I have to do a large plastering and painting job and need to protect my precious hand-made parquetry floors with some good quality floor protection. Can anybody direct me to the right place to buy or hire something that will do the job. I live in Geelong and will probably need delivery unless it comes on a roll.
Cheers.

Farmer Geoff
1st August 2012, 02:13 PM
Try contacting a couple of carpet layers. If they have a nearby carpet replacement job they may be happy to drop rolls of old carpet and/or underlay off to your place rather than taking to the tip. Otherwise bracing ply is pretty cheap but delivery may sting a bit.

chambezio
1st August 2012, 02:19 PM
Gavin
There was a show on Austar about a Canadian Builder (with a big ego) who covered the existing floor with plastic, then covered that with gyprock that was taped together at all the joints. It would have worked very well, but how much would it have cost? A supplier surely would have supplied the new sheets. What you could chase up is to use damaged sheets of gyprock from your own supplier. I know our local building supply company always has a heap of damaged sheets at low or even no money (beer carton economy). If you put it good side down and you walked on the backs of the sheets, may be you could offer these sheets to the community for free or at a small charge to cover your outlay. Just a thought

gavinabrown
1st August 2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys.
I actually found some stuff called Ramboard, a cardboard roll. It costs $93 for enough to cover 30m2. Sounds OK and easy to pickup and dispose of (or give away).
Cheers,
Gavin.