PDA

View Full Version : Sunday night Teev

craigb
13th March 2005, 07:51 PM
Here it is, another Sunday Night at 7.30, a history lesson on the ABC, ditto SBS, god knows what's on the commercials but it's probably bollocks.

Pay TV? Yep more crap.

Oh well, at least I have a UK costume drama to look forward to at 8.30 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No wonder I spend too much time on this board. :( :( :p

bitingmidge
13th March 2005, 08:01 PM
Ditto!

But then last night I finished re-reading the Workshop/Workbench/Toolbox book trilogy (or looking at the pictures more correctly. So who am I to complain about re-runs???

Tonight it'll be five weeks of BRW I think!!

cheers,

P :D

Zed
13th March 2005, 08:49 PM
I watched the footy (thank god thats back) this arvie. I must admit one of my secret indulgences (Besides downloading from the web) is Ray Hadley and those other wankers when footy season is on, on 2GB (?) . in the shed, footy talk then a call of the game of the day with no interuptions of those other annoying codes and games like on the ABC.... like REALLY who gives a flying F* about netball in NZ for christs sake !!!!

tonight we watched the nature thing with the daddo clone on 7 - normally its not so bad but tonights was a bit to dramatic for me - I prefer the straight guff and facts rather than the "artistic pause and statement of wonder by some pommie git"

thank god for the WWF and (normally I dont drink) my weekly indulgence of one glass of red. this week its a merlot from the hunter.

craigb
13th March 2005, 08:52 PM
my weekly indulgence of one glass of red. this week its a merlot from the hunter.

Slippery slope I think chimpy. :D

Zed
13th March 2005, 08:56 PM
I've done it this way for 2 yrs now. I think the slope has flattened mate.

bitingmidge
13th March 2005, 09:01 PM
like REALLY who gives a flying F* about netball in NZ for christs sake !!!!

But Zeddy..... LIZ ELLIS is the captain, and those netty girls can be sooooooo cute!!

P (who doesn't drink at all, but can't explain why his eyesight is starting to fade.....)

:D :D :D

Zed
13th March 2005, 09:06 PM
I dont find Liz Ellis that cute. however I do like helen kafka-alphabet on SBS world news...

craigb
13th March 2005, 09:22 PM
I dont find Liz Ellis that cute. .

No. Me neither.

I'm sure she knows how to manage a ball though.

bitingmidge
13th March 2005, 09:24 PM
No.... I've re-read my post, and didn't actually use cute in reference to Liz.... I think I may just stop at this point :o :o :o

P
:D

Daddles
13th March 2005, 09:52 PM
Hmm, I be sipping a merlot too - carefully chosen - it was the cheapest bottle of plonk in the shop. Rather nice too, that dehydradised petrol I had at lunch was awful.

Now. Tele.
At 7:30, we had the Ancient Egyptians on 2. Perhaps that was what you were complaining about, but this purports to be true stories based on papyrus scrolls found in Egypt. Much more betterer than your usual Egyptian show. This week was about a bloke who took over the temple of Akmun by beating up the priests ... until they murdered his grandkids and got back into power - a story told by his great grandson in the family history. Last week was about tomb robbers based on transcripts of their trial. Dramatised I'm sure, and I don't want to know if the 'scrolls' don't exist, but it's fun.

I'm ignoring Law and Order at the moment, but methinks there is something worth watching on later. If not, I'm going out into the shed to start marking out oars.

Cheers
Richard

Jon
13th March 2005, 09:52 PM
I dont find Liz Ellis that cute. however I do like helen kafka-alphabet on SBS world news...

Hey Zed, does Jane know this?

I want to defend the ABC coverage but I can't think of anything witty. All I can say is I like it.

Jon

craigb
13th March 2005, 09:58 PM
I want to defend the ABC coverage but I can't think of anything witty. All I can say is I like it.

Jon

You reckon it's worth 8 cents then? ;) :)

Jon
13th March 2005, 10:04 PM
I'd almost send them nine but how do you that these days?

Anyway with inflation and that, who knows what it costs now? And then isthat plus GST?

barnsey
13th March 2005, 10:37 PM
Hmmm - seems like we've all got the ****s with FTA TV and pay TV isn't much better - 60 minutes had an interesting story on the riots in Sydney. Bunch of youngun's claiming brutality and victimisation amongst other things. :(

IMHO their parents are the ones that run stop lights or speed and bleed like buggery that they had good reasons or are victims of a police vendetta. :mad:

You steal cars, speed, run red lights - whateve, you need to cop it on the chin. Get killed because the stolen car you are driving is chased by the police then you earnd it buddy. This bullsh#$ about "we were persecuted" deserves to be stamped out. :mad: :mad:

Okay I'll get off the soapbox now , but give me a break pleeeease.
Get the army out and give em a couple of 90mm rounds to grissle about!! :eek: :eek: :D

maglite
13th March 2005, 11:23 PM
I luv this board.

At least i get to find out what is considered crap on the ABC 3 hours b4 it goes to air here.
Thanks guys :p

I reckon Liz Ellis is a honey......with thighs like that i reckon she could really crunch the small of a blokes back if anything were to happen and she would probably smile while she did it too.:eek:

I often wonder whether it is the pure sporting skill or the fact that these very attractive women wearing skimpy attire is what draws me to watch the netball on the tele every weekend:o
An insight into my otherwise boring life i guess.

Steve

Iain
16th March 2005, 06:53 PM
And now we have ABC 21, another list of repeats and crud not worth watching, at least there's mythbusters on MOnday night at 7.30.
Just has to be worth a watch.