PDA

View Full Version : Repair A Belt

Christos
11th August 2012, 06:29 PM
I have a friend that would like to get a belt fixed.

I need to find a place in Australia that can repair a belt. I am in Sydney and happy pass any information on.

wheelinround
11th August 2012, 06:45 PM
Christos what sort of belt as in personal or machine.??

Christos
14th August 2012, 10:43 PM
Personal.

The type that holds up ones pants. :)

wheelinround
15th August 2012, 10:01 AM
Try a cobbler any decent one will do the job or nip down to the local stables and see if they have a furrier there.

I do know one but way out near Windsor

BobL
15th August 2012, 10:44 AM
Try a cobbler any decent one will do the job or nip down to the local stables and see if they have a furrier there.

Do you mean farrier? but then they have more to do with orses ooves than ides.

wheelinround
15th August 2012, 01:37 PM
Do you mean farrier? but then they have more to do with orses ooves than ides.

Thanks Bob but :no:

It is Furrier (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/furrier)

BobL
15th August 2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks Bob but :no:

It is Furrier (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/furrier)

I always though furrier dealt with furs so unless the belt is made of fur then maybe something like "Leather goods maker"?

wheelinround
15th August 2012, 02:28 PM
I always though furrier dealt with furs so unless the belt is made of fur then maybe something like "Leather goods maker"?

Well its what a bloke I know who makes furs or did classed himself as and he also worked with leather. Leather being as he put it the skin behind the fur which binds it together.

NCArcher
15th August 2012, 08:15 PM
What type of repairs Christos?
Is it a stitching job? If so your local bootmaker will have a walking foot industrial machine that will be able to stitch heavy leather. Failing that a saddler or upholsterer would be your best bet.

Kidbee
15th August 2012, 08:30 PM
Those guys you see in shopping centres that cut keys and do boot repairs are the go.

Christos
15th August 2012, 09:59 PM
The stitching on the belt has come off and effected the belt with fair amount of wear. The buckle system requires the leather to be fairly flexible as it rounds back around itself to buckle. So the leather needs to be soft.

I could post photos but not until next week. If there is a business that does leather repair I can pass on this information.