PDA

View Full Version : Year 12 Major Work Completed

marc_s
15th August 2012, 05:49 PM
Hey guys, just recently completed my year 12 major work and thought i'd upload some pics to see what you guys thought of it. All opinions are appreciated. Cheers

Chesand
15th August 2012, 05:55 PM
Very nice work.
The art of woodwork will never be dead when we see work like that from young people.

SAISAY
15th August 2012, 07:42 PM
Very very nice
Cheers
Wolffie

corbs
15th August 2012, 08:20 PM
I have to say that I'm very impressed by the quality of the work the latest crop of year 12's are posting around the forums at the moment.

Well done:2tsup::2tsup:

simops
15th August 2012, 08:28 PM
Well done....you should be very proud of yourself to accomplish something like that in year 12! I'm sure your parents are!
Keep it up and just imagine what you can do in years to come.....

Cheers

marc_s
15th August 2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback. much appreciated

Christos
15th August 2012, 09:30 PM
That's really interesting. Well done.

vk4
15th August 2012, 10:04 PM
I wish I was that good

Beautiful work

Jeff
vk4

Scott
15th August 2012, 10:45 PM
I have to say that I'm very impressed by the quality of the work the latest crop of year 12's are posting around the forums at the moment.

100% agreed Corbs. Stunning piece of work Marc, I sincerely hope you get top marks for it.

Alby123
15th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Excellent, I think all of us wish we were that good when we were you age. Keep it up .
Cheers Alby:2tsup:

TTIT
17th August 2012, 12:39 PM
Well done :2tsup: Lots to explore with that design but tidy at the same time.

Chesand
17th August 2012, 06:32 PM
Excellent, I think all of us wish we were that good when we were you age. Keep it up .
Cheers Alby:2tsup:

Some of us wish we were that good now.

chook
19th August 2012, 06:48 AM
Some of us wish we were that good now.

I agree. Forget about your age. Neither the wood or the tools care about your age. Anybody regardless of age would be proud of that piece of design and construction. And as on old teacher myself, I have to also say well done to the teacher or teachers who have helped you along the way.

chook
19th August 2012, 07:05 AM
Looking at this piece of work reminded me of a student I had once. He was a young chap called Cameron. Before I ever met him, I met his father who went on and on about what a wonderful and talented boy his son was. Anyway I had heard all this before and I knew that it did not matter what sort of foolish character a boy was that they would always be a miracle working angel in some father's eyes. Then I met the boy. He was polite, intelligent and easy to get along with which was in itself amazing enough. But what astounded me was the way all the timber and tools reacted when he walked into the workshop. It was as if their great Master had arrived. He was and remains one of the two most naturally gifted students I have ever taught. In the end I gave up teaching him and just let him produce works of art. When I met him he had never cut a dovetail. His first dovetailed box was flawless. One day he bought me a clock stand he had made. There were intricate scrolled edges along all sides. All carved. He did not need router bits. Any old tool with a bit of an edge would do and he could produce any desired form. We get used to the idea that some people can be mathematical prodigies and with them we might take it for granted that they will quickly surpass their teachers. But I had never seen this in a wood working shop.

BenBrown
19th August 2012, 10:52 PM
looks excellent Mr smith you and eddy should be very proud of yourselves :2tsup: can't wait to see it in use :)

marc_s
20th August 2012, 10:36 PM
Well thank you very much Mr Brown. Same goes for you.

ClintO
21st August 2012, 08:13 PM
You should be very proud of producing that.