PDA

View Full Version : Just saying HOWDY!

PoPnBuG
17th March 2005, 07:20 AM
Hello from the US.

Wow! I have yet to find a forum in the US as diverse and extensive as this one, so I hadda join up!

Just wanted to say howdy!

I've poked around woodworking for about 20 years now, and still have a lot to learn!

beejay1
17th March 2005, 08:14 AM
Hi pop.

Just had a look at your home page and reckon yall fit in nicely with this lot,,They are all slightly mad, play with snakes, into sport, and like thteir woodwork just like you.
So welcome but keep it quiet where youre from and dont mention geedubblyahttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon7.gif
Look forward to hearing more from you and meanwhile yall have a nice day ya hear.http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon12.gif
beejay1

http://community.webshots.com/user/eunos9

Sturdee
17th March 2005, 03:37 PM
Hello from the US.

A seppo being welcomed by a pommie on an Aussie board. It sure is a small world. :D :D :D

So welcome and enjoy yourself, join in and participate but please do as Beejay says and keep it quiet where you're from and don't mention geedubblya :)

Oh, and when you are talking to Al, please put on a foilie. :D

Peter.

Termite
17th March 2005, 03:49 PM
Oh, and when you are talking to Al, please put on a foilie. :D
You've got him stuffed from the start Peter. :D

PoPnBuG
18th March 2005, 07:30 AM
:D Thanks guys...

I may be cutting my own throat, but I'm very proud of not only where I am from, but "geedubblya" too...

Take your shots as you see fit...

This is quite an extensive board, so I'm sure I'll take shots from all directions, but I can hang with the big dogs...:cool:

Sturdee
18th March 2005, 08:13 AM
Take your shots as you see fit.........but I can hang with the big dogs...:cool:

Don't you worry about that, I'm sure we will. :D :D :D

BTW I don't know about the big dogs around here, but how are you hanging. :D :D :D

Peter.

PoPnBuG
18th March 2005, 08:35 AM
Lengthy... on the right :cool:

What's the saying???

"feared by men, revered by women" ??? HA!!!:o

Sturdee
18th March 2005, 08:47 AM
I can see why the US forums don't interest you. They don't seem to cater for a seppo with a sense of humour. :D :D :D

I can see you'll fit in here okay, even though you're very proud of "geedubblya". :eek:

Peter.

Ludo
18th March 2005, 05:24 PM
Mate,

welcome here, but leave your *****,***** *****,***** "geedubblya" out of this forum or the presure cooker might blow-off :mad: .

Ludo

DPB
19th March 2005, 07:42 PM
A seppo being welcomed by a pommie on an Aussie board. It sure is a small world. :D :D :D

Peter. And it takes a Dutchman to point this out and a Canuck to comment on it.:rolleyes:

echnidna
19th March 2005, 10:39 PM
Just thought I'd tell you lot who originated overseas that the term foreigner is very uncommon in OZ,
A more welcoming term is New Australian

echnidna
19th March 2005, 10:40 PM
Once you get the message and move here to live!!!

Sturdee
20th March 2005, 02:17 AM
Just thought I'd tell you lot who originated overseas that the term foreigner is very uncommon in OZ,

For the record I'm neither a Dutchman nor a New Australian or an Old Australian just an Australian who happened to be born in The Netherlands. :D :D :D

I know because, unlike others, I have a certificate to prove it. :p :p :p

Peter.

echnidna
20th March 2005, 11:57 AM
For the record I'm neither a Dutchman nor a New Australian or an Old Australian just an Australian who happened to be born in The Netherlands. :D :D :D

I know because, unlike others, I have a certificate to prove it. :p :p :p

Peter.

Is that like a Tax Invoice or did you avoid GST?? :D :D

Iain
20th March 2005, 03:04 PM
Just got sick of all the dykes? :D :D :D :D

Sturdee
20th March 2005, 03:32 PM
Just got sick of all the dykes? :D :D :D :D

Yes, especially the kind that seem to parade up and down Kings Cross and St.Kilda. :D :D :D :D

Actually to the Dutch normal kind of dykes are a serious matter. Especially if you were living, like we were, in that part of Amsterdam that was over 9 metres below sea level. If a dyke broke and pumps failed to work you would have to swim for it. :D :D :D

Peter.

Sturdee
20th March 2005, 03:36 PM
Is that like a Tax Invoice or did you avoid GST?? :D :D

Bob, it was before they thought up that GST. It was signed by the then minister of immigration and the GG to say that I was now an aussie.

Somewhat like the discharge certificate that they give when you are allowed to leave the asylum except this certificate let me in. :D :D :D

Peter.

DPB
20th March 2005, 06:42 PM
Actually, Bob, I don't think the term "foreigner" was used in this thread until you used it.

I tell my friends that I'm a Canadian by birth and an Aussie by choice.:) This was a decision I made, by the way, 17 years ago. But I must hasten to add, that I was as much an Aussie on the day I made the choice as I am today, and as is anyone born in the wonderful country.

AUSSIE - AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!

PoPnBuG
22nd March 2005, 07:28 AM
but leave your *****,***** *****,***** "geedubblya"
Ludo

I'm perfectly willing to leave religion and politics out of this discussion!
Make note that someone else brought up politics!!!

Now, I'm not opposed to providing an opinion when asked!!!;)

BORN American, SOUTHERN by the grace of God! :D

beejay1
22nd March 2005, 07:34 AM

Now, I'm not opposed to providing an opinion when asked!!!;)

AAhhh Pop, maybe you and I should get together on this one, a formidable team methinks.. I'd better fill you in about Sturdee though, he's one to watch.http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif
beejay1

http://community.webshots.com/user/eunos9

Iain
22nd March 2005, 07:56 AM
Now, bordering on racism, what is your colour? (color).........
Blue or Grey (gray) :D :D :D :D :D

PoPnBuG
22nd March 2005, 08:41 AM
Now, bordering on racism, what is your colour? (color).........
Blue or Grey (gray) :D :D :D :D :D
OK... this is a long story...

I shoot real bullets at various kinds of targets while wearing a uniform akin to the uniforms during the 'Great Conflict' (the war of Northern Aggression;) ).

See http://www.n-ssa.org/ for details about the organization...

I belong to an Ohio unit, because my friend got me started, but I am SOUTHERN thru and thru... I justifiy it by wearing the uniform of my country, but I am a Rebel for sure!

I tell my team-mates that I was sent to spy on the North and gather intelligence, but the North had none...

OK, before you get all 'ralled up, THE WAR IS OVER, and we know it. Our's is a SHOOTING organization dedicated to the sacrifice FROM BOTH SIDES... My guys know me, and they put up with me, and vice-versa!!!:D

We have fun, and I always have my rebel flag somewhere inconspicuous!

.... Whew!!

Pete J
22nd March 2005, 10:27 AM
:D

PoPnBuG

You are entitled to be proud of your country and your leaders - the same as everyone else is of they wish. Some of these guys are a bit rude to foist their personal political views on you and everyone else, especially as you have just joined us.
Ignore the politics and enjoy the woodwork.

Regards

Sturdee
22nd March 2005, 04:08 PM
.. about Sturdee though, he's one to watch.

Beejay, so you're the one that is watching me. :p :p :p Pop, just ignore him he's just a pommie. :D :D :D

Peter.

Iain
23rd March 2005, 10:17 AM
I was sent to spy on the North and gather intelligence, but the North had none...
We in Victoria have the same problem
http://www.bahamascope.net/community/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Christopha
23rd March 2005, 12:11 PM
Firstly Pop, I would like to take this opportunity to point out that everyone on this forum except ME are complete idiots.... I should like to add that you seem to fit right in with the rest of 'em because you have started on this forum by posting post after post in the "PHOTO GALLERIES" section without posting a single photo in any of your posts! You have posted a post which links to a strange site with a lot of people in very strange hats pointing smoky stick things at things on posts.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!! but very welcome! ;)

Termite
23rd March 2005, 01:43 PM
We in Victoria have the same problem
http://www.bahamascope.net/community/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Yes I've heard that Northern Victorians are a bit strange. :p :D

PoPnBuG
25th March 2005, 07:06 AM
wait a minute!!! I thought I posted in the "non-woodwork" area... I don't know how it got into pictures....

Someone did this to make me look bad, I'll bet :rolleyes:

Christopha
25th March 2005, 06:11 PM
Ahm typing this slow like cos I know youse murricans caint read quick...... Po, me old China, you is an idiot boy but I likes ya!