PDA

View Full Version : Makita router

Retiring
22nd August 2012, 06:16 PM
Good day all. I recently bought a Taurus router from Aldi so that I could start and learn how to use the device. Well it lasted about 15 to 20 minutes actual use so I was lucky in that Aldi gave me a refund after Taurus not assisting as I had lost the receipt. Off I went to a proper tool store and purchased a Makita RP2301FC router. It is heavier than the Taurus but the quality is great. I find the operation so smooth that I was able to free hand a cut on one side when the cut was wider than my bit. I am extremely happy with it and now am looking forward to find things to make.

Mr Brush
22nd August 2012, 07:30 PM
Nice bit of kit :2tsup:

That Makita is on my shortlist for a handheld router when the Triton MOF-001 finally goes west (not long to wait now......).

Superbunny
22nd August 2012, 09:46 PM
Yes, SCAHWP, buy quality if you can and remember 'the pain of the cost is soon forgoten when the joy of using it takes over.:D:D

SB

NewLeafWoodwork
30th September 2012, 05:11 PM
I'm looking into routers at the moment, is Makita the best of the range of is there one that would suit regular use more?

Handyjack
1st October 2012, 07:56 PM
I'm looking into routers at the moment, is Makita the best of the range of is there one that would suit regular use more?

If you ask five different people you will get five different answers. A lot will depend on what you plan to do with it.
I bought a Bosch 22 years ago. Did not regret it and it has served me well. I recently bought a Festool 1010. Cost a lot more than the Bosch, has some negatives and some positives over the Bosch.

The Hun
4th October 2012, 11:03 AM
As Handyjack has said it depends what you want to do with it.

Will it ever be table mounted? Do you need variable speed? What router bits do you have already - half inch or quarter?

I have 5 - do I need 5, probably not but I need at least 3 with the different uses each router gets put to

Regards

Peter