PDA

View Full Version : Inlaid towel rack

dusteater
23rd August 2012, 01:55 AM
I made this a year or so ago ,Sheoak is always a pleasure to work with , The inlay is Banksia for the seahorse the rest of the inlay is recycled plastics eg knitting needles, pvc pipes , plasic containers ect also metals eg copper and aluminium wire,and real seashells at the bottom set in epoxy, even the lockable casters I recycled from a commercial display unit.

Arry
23rd August 2012, 02:48 AM
Very nice ! :2tsup:

Durham Lad
23rd August 2012, 07:35 AM
Fantastic looking piece of work, where on earth did you get the idea for from. Certainly a one off.

artme
23rd August 2012, 07:27 PM
Gotta love that just for the She Oak!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Love it even more for the execution and tha wonderful inlay.:):)

Christos
24th August 2012, 09:41 AM
Nice.

Very good work on the use of recycle material.

Ticky
26th August 2012, 10:27 PM
That is wonderful work.

I have been hunting around for a nice bit of Sheoak for quite a while now, I have never used it & am very keen to try.

You inlay is spectacular, & I like the use of the other materials as well, particularly the shells.

One of the nicest & most original pieces I have seen.

Well Done

Steve

AlexS
28th August 2012, 09:12 AM
I really like that, the inlay stands out well and doesn't fade into the background.

dusteater
28th August 2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the positive comments fellas ,I do a lot of inlay in my projects which involves a fair amount of freehand routing ,keeps me on the ball:o

dusteater
28th August 2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the positive comments fellas ,I do a lot of inlay in my projects which involves a fair amount of freehand routing ,keeps me on the ball:o