PDA

View Full Version : Year12 Major project (chessboard and pieces)

Colesy
23rd August 2012, 07:05 PM
Here are some pictures of the finished product. Have a look and let me know what you think :)

AlexS
23rd August 2012, 07:46 PM
Nice work! Did you design the chessmen yourself, they look really good.
I notice that you have the grain on the black & white square perpendicular to each other. It's unusual, but looks good.

Colesy
23rd August 2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks mate. Yeah i actually did thought it would look good with a different design than the usual set of standard pieces.
Yeah the grains are running different ways, thought i would try to see how it looked and turned out better than i expected

Geekgirl
23rd August 2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks mate. Yeah i actually did thought it would look good with a different design than the usual set of standard pieces.
Yeah the grains are running different ways, thought i would try to see how it looked and turned out better than i expected

The pieces look great :) I love the perpendicular grain, it gives a nice difference to your set :)

Kat.

Colesy
23rd August 2012, 09:17 PM
Here are some more pictures of my project

Colesy
23rd August 2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks kat :) glad you like the design, i just uploaded some more pictures, have a look if your interested

Scott
23rd August 2012, 09:56 PM
Very nice work, you should be proud. Top marks coming your way :)

antho94
23rd August 2012, 11:50 PM
haha nice job my friend as iv already told you same class and all :wink: :wink: better watch what you say now i know you signed up haha :wink: but yes very nice and good fun in free periods to play :p

Christos
24th August 2012, 08:32 AM
That's a great effect you have on the chessboard.

Well done. :2tsup:

Chris1144
16th July 2013, 07:10 PM
Hey mate well done! How did you create the chess pieces? Carving?

rwhite10
27th February 2014, 09:06 PM
Very nice work. You must be proud of your accomplishment.

The Bleeder
28th February 2014, 09:50 AM
Very nice work. :2tsup:

Love the grain on the board and the chess pieces WOW.

The only thing that bugs/irks me is the big blobs of green felt on the bottom of the pieces.

I would have thinner felt but have it in from the edge so it looks like those magnificent pieces are then floating on the board.