PDA

View Full Version : Arbortech Mini-Grinder

sturina
1st September 2012, 07:17 PM
I bought one of these at the recent Sydney WWS and have no connection with the brand or their employees, but here is my review.

I had been interested in one for a while but was turned of by the price and that you had to buy the whole unit, however carving was something I wanted to try so I bit the bullet.

The grinder is light, so easy to hold but powerful. I did find the handle attachment made the grinder a little awkward to hold at first and my left hand obscured my view a little of what was happening. However with practice I got used to it, and found it much easier. The blade does strip wood at a very quick rate and safety precautions are a must. I need a long shirt, plus gloves as well as full face mask and hearing protection.

The blades are quick and easy to change but I found the sanding discs, although good at their job did wear very quickly. I'm not sure if the plastic backing can be recovered as they aren't cheap to replace, it is something I will try.

It was over all easy to use, and gave good results and I am happy with the purchase and look forward to playing with it some more.

For more of the review with some photos you can see here
Pens, Planes and Procrastinations: Arbortech Mini-Grinder (http://www.pensplanesandprocrastinations.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/arbortech-mini-grinder.html)

fineboxes
24th September 2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks for a great review, enjoyed you blog also.

Cheers

Steve