PDA

View Full Version : Flamin' Bangle

BangleGuy
12th September 2012, 03:24 PM
Hi all! I am posting my latest Flame Box Elder and Stainless Steel bangle. I think this one turned out really well. I made it for my wife, but then last weekend I sold it at a woodturning show... Oops! Don't tell her:doh:, I need to make her a replacement!

Thanks for looking,

Eric:patriot:

artme
12th September 2012, 04:34 PM
That is a flaming good pice of work!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

corbs
12th September 2012, 07:43 PM
I'm a big fan of that :2tsup:... are they a kit or do you make the metal parts too?

dai sensei
12th September 2012, 08:04 PM
Love it :2tsup:

I've got to get around to making the ones I have here :rolleyes:

dr4g0nfly
13th September 2012, 06:04 AM
I've never seen the like of these before - I love the insert idea. And the timber looks fantastic.

Well Done.

RedShirtGuy
13th September 2012, 06:36 AM
Gorgeous.

I thought it was a wedding band at first, then I checked your site to see that those products are on the way. Yep, definitely do that :)

angryranga
13th September 2012, 07:50 AM
Thats beautiful, Must get some of them the wife would love it.

Christos
13th September 2012, 08:05 AM
Interesting you say Oops when you sold it, but I suspect that you wanted to make another one. :U

Love the effect you managed to get from the wood.

BangleGuy
14th September 2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks! I make the metal parts and sell them as a kit. For those down under, you can find them at Pop's Shed. I have been using CA as a finish and really enjoy using crafters foam as a wiper to apply a thick coat. This one has three coats of CA and was wet sanded with micromesh up to 12,000 grit. I need to get busy this weekend and replace my wife's before she notices that it is gone! Youch!

BangleGuy
14th September 2012, 01:40 AM
Love the effect you managed to get from the wood.

The timber is really amazing and all I am doing is showing off what nature does inside of certain trees. This one is not dyed or modified in any way. I hope to get more of this very special flame box elder, but it is rare. I have about 8 more blanks and then it is gone :doh:

I bought some Red Mallee, Gimlet and Coolibah burls from a source here in the states. I am anxious to try to make some bangles from this material. I think the Mallee could be equally stunning. I have a free 15 page if anyone is interested. Just shoot me an email or PM. I am hoping to turn some more pens before too long. So much to do, so little time! :U

dai sensei
14th September 2012, 09:39 PM
If you are after some more of that beautiful flame boxelder, I get mine from here flame box elder wood bowl blank pens grips scales (http://www.appalachianartisanwoodco.com/flameboxelder.html)

BangleGuy
15th September 2012, 02:20 PM
If you are after some more of that beautiful flame boxelder, I get mine from here flame box elder wood bowl blank pens grips scales (http://www.appalachianartisanwoodco.com/flameboxelder.html)
Thanks! That looks like a great site and place for FBE.