PDA

View Full Version : UK Tool Suppliers

cadas
13th September 2012, 03:31 PM
I need to invest in some new power tools and am just doing the rounds on pricing; has anyone any recommendations on UK suppliers? I just want to check and see whether it is worthwhile. I've bought stuff from the US a few times, but not UK so far.

Thanks

Chief Tiff
13th September 2012, 07:25 PM
Click on these:

Axminster (http://www.axminster.co.uk/)

Screwfix

(http://www.screwfix.com/jsp/container.jsp)

Superbunny
13th September 2012, 09:30 PM
ToolStop are the best for price and service.:D:D
SB

dr4g0nfly
14th September 2012, 06:42 AM
I am from the UK and I fully agree with Chief Tiff. Short of special offers in a shop,you'll have to go a long way to beat either of these.

cadas
14th September 2012, 05:50 PM
Totally agree, when I lived in the UK I used them both regularly.....

But I live in Sydney.

I'm looking for recommendations for UK companies that people here have used.

Chief Tiff
14th September 2012, 07:44 PM
I refer the Right Honorable Gentleman to my previous post, and may I draw his attention to my location. I too previously resided in the land of dark, satanic mills and would often purchase from those two reputable purveyors of equipment pertaining to gentlemanly pursuits. 'Pon my relocation 9 years ago (in order to drag the heathen kicking and screaming into the twentieth century*) I was aghast at the lack of choice and hideous pricing of native wares. Utilising the wonderful inventions of Mssr's Bell and Berners-Lee I quickly ascertained that both worthy establishments catered for stout adventurers beating about the far flung remnants of the Former Empire; and furthermore would be willing, nay honoured, to dispatch a fine selection of otherwise unobtainable merchandise via the next available aviatronic vehicle.

* yes the maths work, you have to look at it from a slightly different angle

antiphile
14th September 2012, 09:05 PM
My dear Mr Chief Tiff (note patronising tone)

It appears you have no bloody idea where you are! If you really lived in Bundy, Aus, you would be aware that in this country we speak English! Yet, it was a good try. :)

Superbunny
14th September 2012, 09:40 PM
As I said ToolStop best on price and service. Yes I do buy off them and have checked the others and still ToolStop the best price, postage and service from the UK and yes I come from the old dart myself but don't tell anyone.:D:D

SB