artme
17th September 2012, 08:38 PM
:laughing1:

Tell me truthfully are you a small crater, or a crafter of small things?:q

smallcrafter
18th September 2012, 12:22 AM
:laughing1:

Tell me truthfully are you a small crater, or a crafter of small things?:q

I'm round like a crater, I'm taller than a gnome but shorter than a professional basketball player.:tongue5: I craft small stuff right now in order to understand how the project develops, how to keep my projects simple, how to use mostly hand tools, and how to keep my wits about me and not get carried away. :U I want to work in the Craftsman style as projected by Gustav Stickley's early work and, as my skills evolve and I get better tools (hopefully I'll get a job soon) I want to start working in quarter-sawn oak timber, the traditional timber for Craftsman furniture. Learning when to use a chisel, when to use a file, and when to use sandpaper doesn't require that I have expensive tools right now however learning how to make a square cut using a Japanese saw does require a Japanese saw and I'm improving each time I use them. Small projects are where I learn simple joinery and precision allowing me not to use screws or nails. One step and one corrected mistake at a time. :) Oh, by the way, I smoke a pipe, too!