PDA

View Full Version : Keeping superglue

Jonzjob
19th September 2012, 08:11 AM
I have had a quick search to see if it's been posted before, but I wonder how many have had their superglue in the workshop and when they come to use it have found it solid! It doesn't like hot temps and it gets quite hot here in the S of France.

I found that it will last much longer once opened if you keep it in the fridge. Don't tell SWMBO and no problems.

It really works!

Another tip I found is that it gets VERY cold here too. If you are using epoxy resin and you keep it in your workshop, unheated, in very cold weather it will go fairly solid and unusable. If you keep it in the house, in the warm, no problems.

If you have kept it in the cold and it has gone solid all may not be lost! You need a small sausepan and boiling water. Pop both bottles in the boiling water and just simmer then for about 15 minutes. I lined the pan I used with ally foil to stay a friend of my OH, but decided not to tell her what I was doing until I had a clean pan at the end..

My once solid epoxy, "Zpoxy" is now just as it was and usable again.. The guy I spoke to in the U.K. who told me about the epoxy retrieval also said that it might not always work, no idea why as it did for me..