PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested ???????

smiife
19th September 2012, 08:54 PM
i have noticed on another forum of a swopping system between forum members,
i have a few items i have purchased from other wood turners and i am starting to get a bit of a
collectionand was wondering if it is possible to start a swop here,i don't know if the
powers that be will allow that or not,maybe administrators/moderators could let us know
if anyone is interested.
maybe it could be a christmas swop,put the names in a hat ,draw partners , and make something
to swop with your partner,that person could across the world or across your town,
could be fun and you also get an idea of what others are making, what ever it might be
wouldn't it be great to receive a pen from say someone in usa or a small bowl from nz
has this already been done???
just thought i would put it out there,if anyone is interested !!!!
cheers smiife.

Christos
19th September 2012, 10:27 PM
There has been pen swapping with other pen turners. Take a look at this thread, http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/2012-australia-day-pen-swap-draw-etc-147145/ to get an idea.

I am not sure if there has been a general swap of turned items. Will have to see what other think.

dai sensei
19th September 2012, 10:43 PM
There is the Market Place Swap sub-forum :rolleyes:

hughie
20th September 2012, 01:03 AM
Yeah I have been involved with a bowl swap and later on this year a hollow vessel swap is coming up. Its all been with other turners overseas tho'.

smiife
20th September 2012, 08:46 PM
hi guys,
well i guess thats a NO!!!!!!
thanks for your replies and time
cheers smiife
sorry for my bad spelling too!!!!

Roger C
21st September 2012, 03:56 AM
Hi smiife don't give up so quick I will swap with you. I have a small piece of Red Ivory and leadwood needing a new home
Regards Roger C :) pm me your address.