PDA

View Full Version : Digital height gauge instructions

Michael G
21st September 2012, 10:08 PM
My shed is currently equipped with a vernier height gauge but a combination of low light, projects with mixed units and eyes not what they used to be has made a replacement worth thinking about. I've managed to get my hands on a digital height gauge (a Mitutoyo twin column job - model is 192-671 from memory). Looking at the serial number I'm guessing it was manufactured in 1998. The panel looks like this -

As well the normal measurement stuff, it apparently has a few other functions. I've had a bit of a play but it would be a lot easier with some instructions or a manual. Has anyone else got one (or have an employer that has one) with instructions that they could scan or copy for me?

The current vernier H/G will be posted in the marketplace on Saturday if anyone is interested (I need to collect some details and take a few photos first).

Michael

Pat
22nd September 2012, 08:26 AM
Michael, go to the Mitutoyo (http://www.mitutoyo.co.jp/eng/support/service/manual/006.html) website , downloadable content and try there.

Here's a pamphlet (http://www.mitutoyo.co.jp/eng/support/service/manual/pdf/99MAF002B_Digimatic_Height_Gage.pdf) for your model

Michael G
22nd September 2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks Pat. for some reason the Mitutoyo distributor in Australia doesn't seem to know about the .jp web site :no:

Michael

BaronJ
3rd October 2012, 07:39 AM
My shed is currently equipped with a vernier height gauge but a combination of low light, projects with mixed units and eyes not what they used to be has made a replacement worth thinking about. I've managed to get my hands on a digital height gauge (a Mitutoyo twin column job - model is 192-671 from memory). Looking at the serial number I'm guessing it was manufactured in 1998. The panel looks like this -

As well the normal measurement stuff, it apparently has a few other functions. I've had a bit of a play but it would be a lot easier with some instructions or a manual. Has anyone else got one (or have an employer that has one) with instructions that they could scan or copy for me?

The current vernier H/G will be posted in the marketplace on Saturday if anyone is interested (I need to collect some details and take a few photos first).

Michael

Nice gauge. From the pic it looks like the scriber is missing. The legends on the buttons tell you what you need to know.
From memory:- on/off, mm/inch, zero, hold, relative/absolute.

Regards: