PDA

View Full Version : Carbatec Bayswater in voluntary administration

Farnk
24th March 2005, 09:22 PM
Good evening all,
I paid a visit to Carbatec in Bayswater today to pick up some bandsaw blades that they were having made for me. (odd size req'd for my ancient bandsaw!) The doors were locked, some staff inside and a faxed notice taped to the door that they were not trading and in voluntary administration.

There was also a notice advertising an auction of display stock.

So, no blades for me. Can someone suggest where can I get some bandsaw blades made?

Gumby
24th March 2005, 10:06 PM
het farnk, why not check previous threads first. WE KNOW!!!!!

Grunt
24th March 2005, 10:09 PM
Try C&S Saw Service
Mt Waverley,
Melbourne 03 9802 1040.

Great service.

craigb
24th March 2005, 10:34 PM
You could also try Henry Bros Saws in Sydney if you are prepared to wait a few days.

Don't have their details to hand but if you search the archives you'll turn them up.

They have a very good reputation I believe.

Kev Y.
25th March 2005, 11:41 AM
het farnk, why not check previous threads first. WE KNOW!!!!!

Hey gumby.. a welcome would be in order BEFORE you start berating Farnk for not checking other posts..

Welcome farnk, unfortunatly your news comes about a week too late. However if you would like to do a search here on Carbatec or " *******" as is has come to be known here, you will see it has been a hotly discussed topic.

Kev

Gumby
25th March 2005, 04:16 PM
Hey gumby.. a welcome would be in order BEFORE you start berating Farnk for not checking other posts..

Welcome farnk, unfortunatly your news comes about a week too late. However if you would like to do a search here on Carbatec or " *******" as is has come to be known here, you will see it has been a hotly discussed topic.

Kev
OK then, point taken..........welcome farnk. Please read my previous post :)

JackoH
25th March 2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Brud, that was XXXXX-XXX not********! You must get your facts straight. :D . I actially believe that ******** are still trading! :p

Justin
26th March 2005, 01:50 AM
I agree with Grunt. Speak with Max Simon out at C&S Sawblades, I think you'll be really happy with the results. Carbatec Vic actually purchased blades from C&S, so you'll probably find that it was C&S that was going to do them anyway.

Justin.

Sturdee
26th March 2005, 08:54 AM
I actually believe that ******** are still trading! :p

Wrong again Jackoh.

The receivers went in last wednesday and they allowed customers in the store to make cash purchases of stock items. Thursday they were closed, staff conducted a stocktake to establish the receiver assets and next week the receiver will decide their course of action.

My experience is that there ususally is insufficient assets to allow the store to reopen for the sale of current stock and the receiver would normally send it to an auction house to sell as receiver liquidated stock.

Peter.

JackoH
26th March 2005, 09:15 AM
Wrong Sturdee. I said I thought ******** were stil trading not XXXXX-XXX. :rolleyes: A feeble attempt at a joke! Sorry! :mad:

Sturdee
26th March 2005, 09:52 AM
Maybe you should have added, like in the Wilson's comedy sketches, " That's a joke Joyce". :D

Peter.

Iain
26th March 2005, 12:08 PM
I wonder if Farnk is trying to outdo Gmuby as the typo Knig :rolleyes:

Farnk
26th March 2005, 09:24 PM
No, 'Farnk' is the end result of a long long story that has nothing to do with woodwork..

Sorry about not having searched for this news b4 posting. I had been to the store just a few days earlier and all seemed normal. I thought that this was a sudden happening.

Anyhow, the bandsaw is now sorted with a new blade and is working well.
I've spent a bit of time over the last few weekends tuning and getting the guides machined.

It's a great old thing, no date on it, just a plate that reads "A.A Tyson, Engineers Melbourne". A large cast iron frame, wheels, etc.

It came to me gratis, from a friend whose father in law had it for decades. The motor needed attention, but a slab to a mate sorted that out.
It's a great help in ripping down larger pieces, cutting tapered table legs and turning blanks.