PDA

View Full Version : Help us help you WANTED - MODERATOR for woodwork Forums

ubeaut
24th September 2012, 01:12 AM
The upcoming retirement of one of our Super Moderators will leave us with a vacancy for at least one new moderator possibly more.
In the past all administrators and moderators have been personally chosen by myself or on recommendation of other mods and admins. This is the first time I have actually advertised a position on the forum Administration Team. So lets get on with it.....

WANTED - Moderator for Woodwork Forums

VERY, VERY brief run-down of the job:

Pay rate per year: $0.00
Hours per week: Whatever you can afford then a little bit more.
Qualifications: Prepared to work long hours for $0.00

That's just about it in a nut shell.

What we really need: is someone who is able to give of their time to keep an eye out for problems, wrong doings, spammers and peddlers of all sorts of other unwanted garbage, and be able to help with programming problems if necessary.

The person I am looking for will hopefully:

[*=1]Have IT and programming knowledge/experience
[*=1]Have prior moderation or admin experience especially with vBulletin
[*=1]Be a long time member with a good online reputation on these forums
[*=1]Be retired, semi retired or able to put in time on the forums on a regular basis
[*=1]Be fair, impartial and above reproach in their dealings with the forums and members
[*=1]Be tough enough to tell someone they may consider a friend, to pull their head in and in the worst case scenario ban them. Not very likely to happen but who knows.
[*=1]Be prepared to lose some of the fun time on the forums in favour of work time
[*=1]Be compatible with other moderators and administrators
[*=1]Be prepared to work for the massive pay rate of $0.00
[*=1]Be honest, reliable, patient and posses good people skills, even in the face of abuse and ridicule

Above all else the right person should have a thick skin.

NB: This position is open to both male and female members.

If you are interested please send me a PM with a bit of a run-down of you and any experience.

Cheers - Neil :U

Woodwould
24th September 2012, 08:59 AM
Moderator edit: Comment removed. Not necessary.

You and the rest of the mods are doing such a fine job, there's no point in my sullying the good name of the forum: I would put my hand up except I doubt if I could be fair, impartial and above reproach in all my dealings.

Scott
24th September 2012, 09:48 AM
That rate of pay is atrocious! I'd be more than happy to give money to keep the forum going :)

Groggy
24th September 2012, 09:55 AM
Fair go, Neil has doubled the pay twice since I started :D

Scott
24th September 2012, 09:57 AM
Fair go, Neil has doubled the pay twice since I started :D

That means your overpaid :)

Acco
24th September 2012, 10:03 AM
Fair go, Neil has doubled the pay twice since I started

What :o

Back when I was an Admin, it was 0¢, so your saying it went to 00¢ and now $0.00

Superbunny
24th September 2012, 11:11 AM
What :o

Back when I was an Admin, it was 0¢, so your saying it went to 00¢ and now $0.00

I'd love to do it but I feel others might be better qualified, anyhow I would need an increase in the pay rate to $00.00 + super of at least 0%.:D:D

SB

doug3030
24th September 2012, 02:48 PM
Thats a "yes" to the thick-skinned, tough, reliable and honest.

"no" to fair, impartial, compatible and patient.

Thats four votes each way. I think the time-factor is the killer. It would upset my already precarious work-life balance, so I will decline the invitation to apply.

Doug :2tsup: