PDA

View Full Version : leigh jig; first box

mhewitt
27th September 2012, 07:48 PM
just got my leigh d4r jig (thank you, ebay)

about an hour (and one old radiata shelf) later:

Superbunny
27th September 2012, 11:16 PM
just got my leigh d4r jig (thank you, ebay)

about an hour (and one old radiata shelf) later:

Put a 20mm thick board screwed to your jig so it is more stable and easy to clamp to your bench top. Nice job for a first job with the jig.:D:D

SB

artme
28th September 2012, 12:37 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

mhewitt
28th September 2012, 01:08 PM
Put a 20mm thick board screwed to your jig so it is more stable and easy to clamp to your bench top. Nice job for a first job with the jig.:D:D

SB

thanks; bugger-all to do with me, though - it's the jig

i haven't bothered with a mounting plate, as i think my first real job with the jig will be to make it's own box/stand

i think i'll make a box with a lift-off lid; the jig will be permanently attached to the lid which will clip on both right way up (making a box) and wrong way up (making a stand)

lift off the lid (with jig attached), flip it over, clip it to the box - it's on a stand

(it's clear in my mind, at least)

Ozziespur
16th October 2012, 03:43 PM
Wow, great first job !

I've ordered a Leigh jig (6 weeks ago !!) which should be here in 2 weeks, so the folks at Carbatec tell me. Can i ask what make/model of router you have ?

mhewitt
16th October 2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks; I didn't do much, though - I just pushed a router.

I used a big (2050W) GMC router as it was the only thing I have that suited the bushing.

I have a couple of small (1200W) GMCs that I intend to ultimately use with the Leigh (easier to handle) - but at the moment I don't have bushes for them.

I also have a big (2400W) Triton, but that lives in my router table.

John Saxton
27th October 2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks; I didn't do much, though - I just pushed a router.
I have a couple of small (1200W) GMCs that I intend to ultimately use with the Leigh (easier to handle) - but at the moment I don't have bushes for them.

Good idea to think about Small routers that have the capacity to deal with the task.The last thing anyone needs is to be tired pushing a large router about moreover if doing the task over a number of jobs.

By the way well done what a good outcome on your box making efforts.

cheers:)

LGS
27th October 2012, 09:44 PM

SB
Or you can give it it's own bench:):rolleyes:

Cool box!

Regards,

Rob

mhewitt
16th November 2012, 09:19 AM
Or you can give it it's own bench:):rolleyes:

Cool box!

Regards,

Rob

That, Rob, is highly likely; it's a big bugger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD