PDA

View Full Version : mill drill power feed

morrisman
29th September 2012, 11:53 AM
RF30 Traverse Power feed - Part 1 (http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~thetinkerer/projects/powerfeed/index.html)

mike rolly
29th September 2012, 12:44 PM
Excellent write up and an inspiration to do same on the HM-45 mill drill.

Thanks morrisman, I appreciate your hard work in putting all this together and in a format that others can learn from.

Mike

bwal74
29th September 2012, 02:02 PM
Looks like a bought one. Great job!

Ben

morrisman
29th September 2012, 04:26 PM
Excellent write up and an inspiration to do same on the HM-45 mill drill.

Thanks morrisman, I appreciate your hard work in putting all this together and in a format that others can learn from.

Mike

Thanks but I cannot claim that article as my work .... its an article I came across .

I have made a power feed for my DM 45 mill drill , using a similar idea . I used a XF falcon wiper motor . It has a slight problem in that when I reverse the table for another cut, the worm and its drive gear tend to chatter . I don't know why it does that . Are worm drives designed to work in one direction only ? Mike

Stustoys
29th September 2012, 05:13 PM
Are worm drives designed to work in one direction only ? Mike

Yes I believe so. Many only have thrust bearings on the worm for thrust in one direction.
... I wonder if that was the problem with welders(?) bandsaw?

Stuart

Anorak Bob
29th September 2012, 09:24 PM
I looked at some of the other stuff on that bloke's site. It's interesting to read that he had an Alexander universal mill and he chucked it overboard. Different strokes I guess.

BT