PDA

View Full Version : dray shire horse

bobman 58
2nd October 2012, 09:39 PM
hi heres a dray horse i made from a garnet hall pattern the wood i used was douglas fir western red cedar mahogany and cherry the collar is ebonised mahogany i finished it with 3 coats of satin varnish it measures approx 14 x 14" quite a tricky one to make lots of small pieces thanks for looking

A Duke
2nd October 2012, 10:10 PM
Nice one.
Regards

Kidbee
3rd October 2012, 04:52 AM
Great work!

Dalboy
3rd October 2012, 09:57 AM
Another great piece of intarsia Bob:2tsup::2tsup:. How long did this one take.

j&j
3rd October 2012, 10:06 PM
Bob, You have excelled again. After seeing your work I wonder why more people don't do Intarsia.
After the motor cycle & the shire horse where do you go from here? Please don't forget the truck.
Keep up the excellent work,
Regard's Jim.:2tsup:

bobman 58
3rd October 2012, 11:09 PM
hi jim thanks for the kind comments i also wonder why more people dont have a go a intarsia i have got a intarsia pattern for an indian motorcycle which i will be doing next has for the cabover truck i have lost interest in at the moment maybe when i get fed up with the intarsia and need a change i will carry on with the truck thanks to everyone else who commented on the horse derek duke and kidbee

j&j
4th October 2012, 09:57 PM
G'day Bob,
If the Indian is a Garnett Hall pattern, you have picked another tricky one. Iam sure it will turn out OK,
can't wait to see it finished. After you suggested to me, to the the T/J s website I have completed 6 model's
& I have the MRAP Cougar to do, I also want to make the excavator then I think a return to Intarsia is on the card's,
just for a change. I do believe Intarsia is just a tad more complicated than model making.
Any comment's on my last statement are more than welcome.
Looking foreward for the next one Bob.
Regard's Jim:2tsup:

artme
5th October 2012, 03:34 PM
Noice!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

TKO
7th October 2012, 08:42 PM
Top marks from me ,Just wish I could do work like thatm:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:.

Eddie