PDA

View Full Version : Big woodturning get togethers

dai sensei
2nd October 2012, 09:51 PM
Ok, I have accepted a package at work and planning to retire early, for a while anyway. I'm using the package to buy a new twin-cab ute with a flat tray, a decent slide on camper, plus hooking up my trailer packed with my lathe and as many tools as I can then heading off to follow the sun around Australia (for a year or so?) :2tsup:

I am trying to plan to my trip out around the weather, ie south in summer and north in winter, but also want to do the various wood turning events around - where you take your lathe and turn with heaps of others. I may end up going south, then north, then south again in short stints rather than just one trip.

I have attended Q-Turn many times here in Qld in early June, and I am aware of Proserpine in early November, but I'm yet to attend and I'm retiring after it this year :(. I've heard about SATurn in SA and others in Melbourne, just don't know details, and WA/NT/ACT/NSW ??

I think others would also be interested, so can I ask for those of you in the know, post where/when/contact details?

Thanks in advance.

Willy Nelson
3rd October 2012, 07:13 PM
Neil
All we have in WA is the Wood show is either Aug/Sep each year. The only other events I am aware of is the monthly Woodturners weekend Workshop held in the respective clubs, and the AGM and Wandi weekend workshop is Sep.
But you would be welcome for a visit if you wish
Willy
Jarrahland
Committee member Wandi Woodturners

RETIRED
3rd October 2012, 08:07 PM
Neil.

The season kicks off with Wagga on 15, 16 & 17 March 2013 at Borambola.
The next one is You Turn at Horsham in April May. Brendan can give you details.
Saturn in August.
Phillip Island in September.
Proserpine in Nov.

I have not included Q-turn cos ya knows about that wun.:wink:

woolclasser
3rd October 2012, 09:01 PM
Neil, don't forget q-turn on the third weekend in june you know the details.
Jim

brendan stemp
5th October 2012, 12:57 PM
Neil.

The season kicks off with Wagga on 15, 16 & 17 March 2013 at Borambola.
The next one is You Turn at Horsham in April May. Brendan can give you details.
Saturn in August.
Phillip Island in September.
Proserpine in Nov.

I have not included Q-turn cos ya knows about that wun.:wink:

Don't forget Forest Edge out the back of Warragul?? Do you know more about it ?

RETIRED
5th October 2012, 12:59 PM
Oops, Forgot that one. I will put the dates up later.

Old Croc
5th October 2012, 01:12 PM
I have attended Q-Turn many times here in Qld in early June, and I am aware of Proserpine in early November, but I'm yet to attend and I'm retiring after it this year :(. Thanks in advance.

Neil, bend the rules and come this year, and you can referee me and , NQ vs Mexico:2tsup:
rgds,
Crocy

dai sensei
5th October 2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks and Brendan, who are the best contacts for actual dates and bookings?

Neil, don't forget q-turn on the third weekend in june you know the details.
Jim

Gee, lucky you reminded me, I thought it was early June.

Neil
All we have in WA is the Wood show is either Aug/Sep each year. The only other events I am aware of is the monthly Woodturners weekend Workshop held in the respective clubs, and the AGM and Wandi weekend workshop is Sep.
But you would be welcome for a visit if you wish
Willy
Jarrahland
Committee member Wandi Woodturners

Looks like a clash for Aug/Sep, but I'm more interested in the weekend workshops anyway, rather than the wood shows. Let me know details when available

Neil, bend the rules and come this year, and you can referee me and , NQ vs Mexico:2tsup:
rgds,
Crocy

I would love to, but I'm working right up to Nov 16, so maybe next year. I'll have the new ute and slide-on camper by then too.

Mrs Woodpecker
5th October 2012, 07:32 PM
Best wishes for a happy and productive retirement, Neil. Don retires in May, so we may meet somewhere along the tracks.
Shirley

artme
5th October 2012, 07:44 PM
:way2go:

Jim Carroll
5th October 2012, 08:09 PM
Wagga Wagga turnaround 15-17th March
Forrest Edge Experiance Warragul 19-21st July
Phillip Island Down Under Turnaround 6-8th September.

Brendan has to confirm his show for next year, no news as yet but lots wanting to know what is happening.

RETIRED
5th October 2012, 09:00 PM
PM sent Neil, with contact details.

brendan stemp
6th October 2012, 02:07 PM
Brendan has to confirm his show for next year, no news as yet but lots wanting to know what is happening.

Yeah, unfortunately I am having difficulty finding another suitable venue. Found one but it was on the small side which would mean halving the number of attendees. Another option hasn't got a kitchen or dining area. Will let everyone know when we have it finalised.

dai sensei
12th October 2012, 10:56 AM
Ok, here's a map with the get togethers on it, plus the Wood shows. Still more details required, I can update as required, but it is good enough for me to start planning trips. There are also TurnFest and similar events, but they the next level of expense :rolleyes:, so not included at this stage.